Ummm...
by iudomer (2018-04-04 15:21:00)

wtf Citeh? And Pep Gonna Pep in form tonight, Laporte at LB, changing formations?

Spoiler
by Irishlawyer  (2018-04-04 18:13:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never seen Ox hit a ball harder. That second goal was awesome in a week of awesome goals.

My die-hard Arsenal buddy was crying about having to hear about how good Ox is despite him being, in his words, "inconsistent and mediocre".

Arse fans should have no qualms
by mitquinn  (2018-04-04 19:26:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the dude simply could not get ahead of other starters in each position he tried.

He is a good player and IMO a super sub for a squad molded by Klopp.

Ox was a better fit for LFC
by wcnitz  (2018-04-04 22:45:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They needed some strength behind the front 3 - he provides it. He is very physical, very direct and he seems to fit in very well with this team.

Still a lot of time left.
by NDBass  (2018-04-04 15:26:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liverpool can still Liverpool. I'd be a little more surprised now, but not completely.

EDIT: They held on, but the injury to Salah is potentially damning of the entire season. Hopefully it was more precautionary to bring him off. I imagine they'll rest him for the Merseyside derby in hopes he can go Tuesday. I don't think 3-0 will hold up at the Etihad without him.

While...
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-04-04 18:03:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would pick Man City as the most likely for a comeback, I still think chalk is the best bet coming out of Leg 1. 4/10 and 4/11 should be interesting.

Almost more impressed by the clean sheet.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-04-04 17:21:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Citeh came to the table for away goals and was sent to bed without supper. Now Liverpool gets their shot. Let's get the best PT for Salah.

Have not seen highlights yet but looking forward to watching.

That is critical
by wcnitz  (2018-04-04 22:46:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

City basically has to keep a clean sheet at home now, because it isn't going to be easy to put up 5 if Liverpool can find 1.

City is finished.
by tex29  (2018-04-04 23:29:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They won’t be able to score 3 in the return leg, even if they manage to keep a clean sheet.

They sure can.
by NDBass  (2018-04-05 10:07:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Between potential injuries and suspensions, it might be an interesting Liverpool lineup. City is also a very good team. As I mentioned about yesterday's game, I'd be surprised if they end up advancing, but not shocked.

City also beat Liverpool 5-0 earlier in the season. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-04-05 13:46:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, but Klopp knows they only need to play defense. They
by tex29  (2018-04-05 18:57:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

don’t need to win the game. I’d give City next to no chance.

I wanted to avoid the crazier scenarios.
by NDBass  (2018-04-05 14:17:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A red card would definitely make things interesting. That match wouldn't have been 5-0 without the red card, though.

All too familiar...
by iudomer  (2018-04-05 09:24:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to his time in Munich.

Klopp can turn to a rival coach for tactical help.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-04-05 00:06:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His presence on the bench was heartening *
by Siegfried08  (2018-04-04 16:55:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post