My CL bracket went about as well as my NCAA!
by Irish2003 (2018-04-11 08:44:03)
Edited on 2018-04-11 08:47:56

In reply to: Spoiler.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

(Madrid fan here, and have an awful feeling La Vecchia Signora is going to pull a Roma on us tomorrow)

My Final Four was Kentucky, Gonzaga, Villanova, and Duke, with Duke over Gonzaga, so that's a nice 1-for there. For the CL, I had Barca over Roma, MNC over Liverpool, Juve over Madrid, and Bayern over Sevilla, with Barca beating MNC or Bayern for the title (depending on the draw), so that's already 50% off with - as said above - a bad feeling about RM tomorrow. I would have never guessed Barca and MNC would collapse to lesser teams like this, especially as both ran away with and wrapped up their respective leagues a while back. Munchen did the same in terms of winning the Bundesliga when it was still cold outside, and given Madrid's inconsistency and the two other league winners being stunned today, I'd have to say they are the clear favorites, although Madrid does often have an uncanny way to turn it on once the CL song plays despite being a wretched team in league play. Conte likely will get the hook after Chelsea's mess, Valverde likely will be axed after today's failure, and I am at a loss what to think about Pep, as he's been incredibly inconsistent (league vs. CL) since leaving Messi.