Shocker - CL draw
by wcnitz (2018-04-13 07:39:08)

Liverpool Roma
Bayern Real Madrid

I have zero confidence Bayern will get a fair shake in the second leg. Zero.

I dunno if Real deserved 7’ extra time.
by Wooderson  (2018-04-13 21:01:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But the pen was given properly, and if you have Ronaldo, you obviously let him deliver.

This will end Bayern > Roma, i’d Bet 3-2 if I could.

Watch the game. The foul was within time, penalty followed
by spade  (2018-04-14 09:35:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not like they kicked the ball around for 4 minutes and then took the penalty.

Watch the last 7 minutes, don't just follow the score line

I'm not complaining about the Juve match
by wcnitz  (2018-04-14 08:00:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As I said below, it was handled well by Oliver.

I trust second legs in Spain as much as I trust Diego Maradona to stay away from anything that can be snorted.

Obviously, I would have preferred Bayern
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-04-13 10:12:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the finals and not have to put up with James nightmares over two legs. James parted poorly with Zidane and I imagine he would like nothing more than to be the catalyst that sees Real vanquished from the tournament they value most. Lewandowski was also injured last year so I imagine he will come to the semis with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Can the Bayern defense and midfield hold Real? Can Real stay steady in the back? This is where I feel the match will be won or lost.

Historically, Bayern and Real have been pretty even in Champions and in the semi-finals Bayern has the edge 4-3. I also think Bayern will be particularly inspired to send off Heynckes right after a great career.

As far as Real, I obviously love the form Cristiano is in right now and I would not bet against him in the semis. Still, Marcelo has been so uneven, and this is not the real from last year as Zizou has not been able to figure out the front 3. Amazing as it may be the least powerful group has been Isco when paired with Ronaldo and Bale. I doubt we see that again. I hope Nacho is back just so the defense has a credible sub as Vallejo showed he is not ready for prime time against Juve.

In any event, here is to 2 beautiful games among two world class club super powers. Hala Madrid!

Tired of it...
by iudomer  (2018-04-13 08:05:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But that's to be expected when you're among the best. Due some karma for those offside goals last year.

Tired of what???
by NDMike2001  (2018-04-13 09:53:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're mad because they didn't draw either Roma or Liverpool? Someone had to draw Madrid. It's a 1/3 chance. And they just drew Sevilla - arguably the weakest team.

It must be hard to be Bayern when you own Germany and aren't given a cakewalk to UCL finals.

I'd prefer Liverpool...
by iudomer  (2018-04-13 10:44:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just that Bayern have played RM the most in Europe, 25 times now.

I wonder why that is...
by NDMike2001  (2018-04-13 11:09:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Complaints from the giant clubs amuse me.

Ha *
by iudomer  (2018-04-13 11:15:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Worrying
by wcnitz  (2018-04-13 08:36:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No Neuer in the first leg, I'm sure. Probably no Coman at all. Robben is struggling and one of the players they can take advantage of is Marcelo (he gets caught out of position...a lot).

Hopefully, Alaba is 100% by then. Ribery will need him.

Pace...
by iudomer  (2018-04-13 09:48:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lacking pace against Sevilla, will be the same against Real. Really missing Coman. 35/34 year old wingers who lack the top speed needed.

Need Mueller to set a pick on Marcelo:

How is that not a foul? *
by Wooderson  (2018-04-13 21:03:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post