NYCFC getting hooked up.
by Wooderson (2018-04-17 09:42:14)

This ought to do wonders for that part of the South Bronx. Was just riding my bike through there this weekend.

I saw that - probably my 3rd choice site but
by irishlaw2010  (2018-04-17 14:05:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

still very happy with it if it comes to fruition.

I think this is better than Willets Point.

My only sites preferable would be the GAL Elevator site that's South of Yankee Stadium and Heritage Field or the Hunters Point/LIC site.

Does this plan come with the usual
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-04-17 12:40:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ll believe it when I see it skepticism, or is it more promising than that?

I believe the Housing plan is already set.
by Wooderson  (2018-04-17 14:45:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've been building quite a bit down in that corner of the SoBx, as it's right near the 138th st subway station. So they'll be able to keep the train fans rolling in, and they'll definitely be pumping money into the local economy.

Bronx Brewery is a stone's throw away, and there's some new housing and restaurants that have just come online.

The "gotcha" is the rail yards piece. It's not like Hudson yards or sunnyside, but it is going to be reckoned with to have the waterfront bits.

As it is though, there aren't that many train movements on that part of the line (Waste Mgmt and NY Post are the only customers that far down). So it should be relatively safe and straightforward, just pricey for the deck above what I think is only about 5 tracks total. Containerized though, so it's gotte be taller than the platform at HY.

I was rolling through that area on my bike on Saturday, actually, seems like it's ready to blow up. in 5-6 years it should be good.

Bets will be taken on the cost overruns. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-04-17 13:25:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post