hey 'Pool fans... just watched first half
by mitquinn (2018-04-25 01:32:11)

and holy shnikes..... who in thee sam hell is Andrew Robertson?

Jimminy Christmas on a cracker... what a great young player.

I've heard the good talk about him but for reason, I had him
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-04-25 12:57:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pegged as 19 years old - thanks to clarifying the age. I have not seen the game (except a few minutes) but now will have to check it out.

Ronaldo may be better than Salah, but what Klopp has assembled is a good team of complimentary players. Salah, Mane, and Firmino are the Holy Trinity up front.

Indeed
by mitquinn  (2018-04-25 14:46:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As I’ve stated before, upfront they were loaded. In the mid and back seemed like a clusterf for the style.

Nice that they have worked out the kinks. I assume VVD has helped form their spine and discipline.

Beautiful football.

Midfield is going to be a slight cluster to end the season.
by NDBass  (2018-04-25 15:13:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ox is out with a knee ligament injury, Lallana is out with a leg (hamstring injury, I think), and Can is out with a back injury. That leaves Henderson, Wijnaldum, and Milner as experienced players. Tough to rotate this weekend and get a necessary three points. Magnifies dropping the two points to West Brom last Saturday. The games might be spaced out enough, but it is a risk. Too bad they couldn't get Keita this season.

This squad has a different feel
by mitquinn  (2018-04-25 21:50:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the next man in syndrome is going to boost them.

The ole NBA Ewing Theory...

They believe... and with this manager and the striking options... its contagious.

That only works if there actually is a next man.
by NDMike2001  (2018-04-26 10:12:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can, Lallana and Ox were those next men.

It's emergency mode now. I hate robbing Peter to pay Paul, but I still like Trent as next option for Europe. Maybe get some minutes in for Woodburn on Saturday and see how he performs.

All next generation out on loan too.
by NDMike2001  (2018-04-25 16:38:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ejaria, Grujic and others. Woodburn is no midfielder imo, but it seems he's the backup. Or probably Moreno in emergency.

If Gomez settles back in, I'd move Trent to backup midfield and rotate Gomez and Clyne for EPL.

The asking price for moving up the Keita transfer
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-04-25 15:33:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was Trent Alexander-Arnold.

While the injury situation sucks, I’m glad they said no to that price.

Most definitely. *
by NDBass  (2018-04-25 16:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To my untrained eye the biggest difference VVD makes
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-04-25 14:52:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is in his athleticism and composure. Lovren has nagging injuries (notably his back is a mess) and he panics back there all the time, causing tons of wasted movement which pushes him out of position at the crucial moments. Not so with Virgil.

I have to admit, thinking of poor little Phil Coutinho
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-04-25 13:19:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Watching all of this from his beach side villa in Barcelona makes me smile.

Consider this...
by NDMike2001  (2018-04-25 12:50:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Klopp needed to upgrade four positions. winger, CB, LB and CM. He recruited Salah, Van Dijk, Keita and Robertson.

Robertson was seemingly an underwhelming sign from Hull City. Zero hype, which is shocking because he's a 24 y/o that qualifies as homegrown.

He's a guy with an endless motor that keeps his head down, plays defense and fires a damn good cross into the box.

Check out the geggenpress run from Robertson linked below. It kinda sums up the guy. I'm not sure there's any kind of stat that accounts for it.

P.S. If I'm being honest, it would appear that Sessignon was probably Klopp's number one. But signing Robertson was still enough for Klopp to let Milner play CM and only rely on Moreno (gasp) and Robertson as his 1st choice LBs.

Signed from Hull City after their relegation last year.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-04-25 11:27:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He cost very little.

TAA is an academy product and Liverpool native. He seems destined for greatness somewhere other than right back.

TAA as well...
by iudomer  (2018-04-25 08:05:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he's going to be very good.