This hurts - Ox out for the season and world cup
by wcnitz (2018-04-25 13:08:00)

This is a big blow to LFC and to England - he was in the best form of any of the English midfielders.

It is a shame,
by IrishCavan  (2018-04-25 14:27:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but Milner might be the best English MF right now. I can't believe I just typed that.

I really don't know what Klopp's options are with Lallana and Ox out for the rest of the year and Can injured as well. I wonder if Moreno can play MF in a pinch. He certainly can't defend.

It'll be Gini/Milner/Hendo for Roma and Chelsea
by Siegfried08  (2018-04-26 13:42:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As for the remaining fixtures, imagine we will either see Woodburn in the midfield or a back 3 given the glut of healthy wingbacks available at the moment that aren't playing (Clyne, Gomez, Moreno).

Gomez is not a wingback.
by NDMike2001  (2018-04-26 13:57:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'd play as part of the back three before wingback. But I would agree that the back three does maximize the depth of the 1st team players available.

But with the exception of replacing RB or Lovren at CB, any change to the starting 11 right now would be a dramatic drop off in quality. In addition to challenging Gini for the starting CM, Ox was the first choice backup at either winger spot.

Depends on the match.
by NDBass  (2018-04-25 15:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Woodburn might be an option this weekend. Or play Gomez and RB and slot TAA into midfield. Moreno might be an option against Stoke, but that's about it.