Four of the six FOX WC broadcast teams will be in LA.
by G.K.Chesterton (2018-04-25 13:23:33)
Edited on 2018-04-25 13:23:40

Only two of the teams are traveling to Mother Russia:

- John Strong and Stu Holden
- JP Dellacamera and Tony Meola.

Here are the other teams that will be in sunny Los Angeles:

- Aly Wagner and Derek Rae.
- Glenn Davis and Cobi Jones,
- Jorge Perez Navarro and Mariano Trujillo,
- Mark Followill and Warren Barton.

Strange because FOX's Bundesliga coverage is good
by spade  (2018-04-27 21:22:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm shocked at how much of a gap there is between FOX's mainstream soccer coverage and how they cover Bundesliga. It's always a fight whether of not I can watch Werder on English or Spanish broadcasts, but whoever they bring in for recap coverage is always well done.

It's like they just aim for low-balling all their soccer. Maybe they have something up their sleeve though. I did like their WWC coverage from 2015. And I heard their coverage of the WWC final was amazing (I don't know though, I was in the stadium front row = D )

USMNT's failure to qualify continues to impact
by steelhop  (2018-04-26 09:54:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

decisions. I said it when the USMNT were eliminated, the guys at ESPN must be laughing themselves silly at Fox paying out the amount they paid for Russia and Qatar.

I don't like any of the play by play guys
by wcnitz  (2018-04-25 14:11:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a single one.

I want Ian Darke. He was great in Brazil in 2014.

Andres Cantor and Telemundo might be your safe harbor.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-04-25 17:40:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And no, I don't know Spanish mucho.

I'm fine with JP. He's not the top banana but he's a vet of many matches.

I'll watch on mute, if I watch.
by NDBass  (2018-04-25 15:17:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The latter is a possibility as I doubt I'll be able to stand their push for El Tri.