Midfield is going to be a slight cluster to end the season.
by NDBass (2018-04-25 15:13:30)

In reply to: Indeed  posted by mitquinn

Ox is out with a knee ligament injury, Lallana is out with a leg (hamstring injury, I think), and Can is out with a back injury. That leaves Henderson, Wijnaldum, and Milner as experienced players. Tough to rotate this weekend and get a necessary three points. Magnifies dropping the two points to West Brom last Saturday. The games might be spaced out enough, but it is a risk. Too bad they couldn't get Keita this season.

This squad has a different feel
by mitquinn  (2018-04-25 21:50:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the next man in syndrome is going to boost them.

The ole NBA Ewing Theory...

They believe... and with this manager and the striking options... its contagious.

That only works if there actually is a next man.
by NDMike2001  (2018-04-26 10:12:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can, Lallana and Ox were those next men.

It's emergency mode now. I hate robbing Peter to pay Paul, but I still like Trent as next option for Europe. Maybe get some minutes in for Woodburn on Saturday and see how he performs.

All next generation out on loan too.
by NDMike2001  (2018-04-25 16:38:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ejaria, Grujic and others. Woodburn is no midfielder imo, but it seems he's the backup. Or probably Moreno in emergency.

If Gomez settles back in, I'd move Trent to backup midfield and rotate Gomez and Clyne for EPL.

The asking price for moving up the Keita transfer
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-04-25 15:33:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was Trent Alexander-Arnold.

While the injury situation sucks, I’m glad they said no to that price.

Most definitely. *
by NDBass  (2018-04-25 16:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post