Spoiler: future Deutscher Fußballgott
by wcnitz (2018-05-01 14:50:32)

Strikes again. It's a start.

Make mistakes, Real punishes you...
by iudomer  (2018-05-01 16:43:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So f'n frustrating.

I don't know why RM wants to replace Navas every year...not pretty enough?

Bayern can only blame themselves
by wcnitz  (2018-05-01 16:41:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ridiculous number of wasted opportunities tonight. Entirely on the players. Jupp put them in he right position and they didn’t get it done.

Where was their keeper in the final minute?
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-01 16:45:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Down a goal in the last minute of the UCL semi-final and you have your keeper stay in his own third? It's a small thing, but I don't understand that logic.

If it were Neuer
by wcnitz  (2018-05-02 08:25:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He would have come up, I'm sure.

Oliver Kahn would have come up, shanked Ramos, snapped Navas's leg and bitten off Casemiro's ear.

He wouldn't have needed to. ;-) *
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-02 08:50:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also true *
by wcnitz  (2018-05-02 08:53:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Might pass it to RM *
by iudomer  (2018-05-01 16:46:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So Neuer isn't worried about a job, huh? *
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-01 16:53:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's friggin funny! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 16:47:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, I almost just pooped my pants
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-05-01 16:41:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on that last ball to Mueller.

What a game. Bayern played very well and Madrid did just enough. I think a Liverpool v Madrid final will be fun.

Holy Lord. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 16:40:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just once I’d like someone to score against a former club
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-05-01 16:27:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And let out a good old American “fuck yeah!” with the fist pump and everything.

Former or parent? It makes a difference. *
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-01 16:37:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It didn’t for Salah. (Edit)
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-05-01 16:39:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s just an aspect of this sport that I don’t get.

If you piss off your old clubs’ fans, so what. If you piss off your old club, well maybe they shouldn’t have sold you. It almost seems like a slap in the face of the team currently paying your wages.

One reason to like Salah is that he isn't knee-sliding
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-05-01 18:04:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a million miles after he scores or running back to mid-field by himself. He really prefers to celebrate with teammates.

I understand that but what I can’t understand
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-05-01 22:24:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is when guys try to show zero emotion after scoring massive goals against former clubs.

James is a current RM player on loan to Bayern.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-02 08:49:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UEFA forbids clauses that prevent RM from forcing him to sit. It's a tough situation for the player to be sure.

As for players that show respect to fans that adored them for their team, I can certainly understand that. Play hard, respect the game and fans. Novel concept.

And Benteke ran over to celebrate with Sakho.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-01 16:42:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some players celebrate against their former clubs. Some don't.

No boredom in this second half either. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 16:23:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It has been a great game
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-05-01 16:29:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am not sure Real can hold on under this assault. Bayern has played well.

FUCKING BALE...what a horrid touch toward goal.

2 big minutes.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 16:41:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last minute of the first, first minute of the second. Jesus!

Now it's on
by wcnitz  (2018-05-01 16:07:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One more goal by Bayern and RM is in a tough, tough spot. Now it's interesting.

James...
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-05-01 16:08:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man, I miss that guy. He always shows up on the big stage.

Bayern played the stronger half
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-05-01 15:41:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but that pass by Marcelo to Big Benz was out of this world. Happy for Benz as he has gotten destroyed (and rightly so) this year.

I think Maecelo's been good both games.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 15:43:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sure, that was a handy at the end of the half, but the guy's been pretty good.

He has not been very good defensively at all this year *
by wcnitz  (2018-05-01 15:48:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, several reasons why I didn't say great.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 15:54:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His consistency is interesting. His moments of brilliance can be amazing.

Marcelo will never take the defensive side of his
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-05-01 16:07:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

responsibilities and execute them flawlessly. In his good defensive years (this is not one by a country mile) he tracks back hard and recovers well. Since Casemiro earned the starting holding midfield role a year ago he has relied (sometimes too much) on Casemiro to cover for him. Maybe the years of running have caught up with him? He can be pure magic and has scored huge goals for Real Madrid.

And there is James...what a nice goal. I miss that guy.

He's still one of my favorite players to watch.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 16:20:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It always seems as though he's run out of fucks to give.

You've gotta be shitting me.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 15:49:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's regarding the clusterfuck, not your post.

holy hell
by wcnitz  (2018-05-01 15:58:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's going to have nightmares over that one for years. Love the guy, he's played his ass off this year, but Neuer he is not.

Woof
by Siegfried08  (2018-05-01 15:53:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Haven't seen a keeper screw up that badly in a long, long time.

Legendary brain fart.
by skip encarnacion  (2018-05-01 15:52:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He didn't realize his own player passed back.

No boredom in this first half! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 15:09:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ref's letting them play.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 15:22:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I believe pretty fairly.

This is the Nani red card ref...Madrid will win *
by powerI  (2018-05-01 15:43:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeash, that should have been a handball and penalty.
by skip encarnacion  (2018-05-01 15:33:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Second half should be very spicy nonetheless.

Ref has a screw up now. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-01 15:33:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Possibly a big one
by wcnitz  (2018-05-01 15:33:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That certainly appeared to have occurred on top of the line. Which is inside.

Play him at striker!!!
by iudomer  (2018-05-01 14:51:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Future captain!!!

RM goal doesn't even matter
by wcnitz  (2018-05-01 15:00:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bayern has to score 2 no matter what.

3 would be perfect and basically guarantee the win.

I don't follow. Why would goal not matter? *
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-01 15:37:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bayern need one more away goal to tie now...
by iudomer  (2018-05-01 15:40:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

had they kept RM scoreless, two away goals total puts them thru.