Just once I’d like someone to score against a former club
by miamioh_irishfan (2018-05-01 16:27:20)
Edited on 2018-05-01 16:29:14

In reply to: Spoiler: future Deutscher Fußballgott  posted by wcnitz

And let out a good old American “fuck yeah!” with the fist pump and everything.

Former or parent? It makes a difference. *
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-01 16:37:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It didn’t for Salah. (Edit)
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-05-01 16:39:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s just an aspect of this sport that I don’t get.

If you piss off your old clubs’ fans, so what. If you piss off your old club, well maybe they shouldn’t have sold you. It almost seems like a slap in the face of the team currently paying your wages.

One reason to like Salah is that he isn't knee-sliding
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-05-01 18:04:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a million miles after he scores or running back to mid-field by himself. He really prefers to celebrate with teammates.

I understand that but what I can’t understand
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-05-01 22:24:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is when guys try to show zero emotion after scoring massive goals against former clubs.

James is a current RM player on loan to Bayern.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-02 08:49:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UEFA forbids clauses that prevent RM from forcing him to sit. It's a tough situation for the player to be sure.

As for players that show respect to fans that adored them for their team, I can certainly understand that. Play hard, respect the game and fans. Novel concept.

And Benteke ran over to celebrate with Sakho.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-01 16:42:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some players celebrate against their former clubs. Some don't.