Right in the feels.
by wcnitz (2018-05-02 08:24:03)

You can spend your whole career trying to develop a short memory, but nothing stops a swift kick in the balls from sticking with you. Ouch.

That is painful. There are some
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-05-02 10:45:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pretty lonely spots in sports...the baseball mound after giving up a huge hit to lose..missing a putt to close a major in golf...missing a field goal to win a football game but making a colossal blunder at goalie to lose a Champions league semi-final has to be up there.

I feel for Ulreich. Though my team won I recognize this guy has filled in admirably for a legend and many people will place the blame at his feet even though Bayern had quite a few quality chances that, if converted, would have made the error not seem so devastating. What is it that people say...that's right...life ain't fair.

He's going to shoulder a lot of the blame
by HTownND  (2018-05-02 13:09:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But that was a very shitty back pass as well. More people need to call that fact out.

The more I think about it...
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 17:50:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the less I am blaming the back pass. Pretty bad situational awareness Ulreich. Easy clearance for him if he'd have had his head in the right spot. Maybe I am not giving enough benefit for sight lines - maybe he got confused by visibility or something. But short of that it was pretty bad just on the goalie.

That back pass was a dying quail
by HTownND  (2018-05-03 09:22:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes he should have had better awareness, but that back pass was slow as hell with Real players pouncing. It was shitty. Of the options he had their on the side, the backpass was the worst. He made a bad decision under pressure that the GK doubled down on.

This isn’t to absolve the GK, but the backpass sucked. The GK compounded it by f’ing it 7 ways to Sunday.

Tough day all around.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 13:18:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He fucked up.
Shitty back pass.
Many blown opportunities.
No call on Marcelo's handball.

RM had some chances they let slip by, too, so on the whole I guess that's just soccer.

The amount of chances Bayern had in both legs is staggering
by wcnitz  (2018-05-02 13:33:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They could have easily scored 6-8 goals in this tie.