Which team will attack and posses more...
by iudomer (2018-05-03 08:35:25)

In reply to: Which team does a better job flipping from defending  posted by miamioh_irishfan

is my question. Both teams like to sit back and counter.

Pool running at Toni Kroos and Ramos with Marcelo/Carvajal up in the final third might be the winner.

Then again, Pool's midfield is less than stellar. Should be an entertaining match.

Liverpool need to get through the last two league games.
by NDBass  (2018-05-03 10:21:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they can do that injury free, and hopefully worry free, their chances will be better. A big concern with the midfield is falling behind and/or needing to change tactics during the match. The lack of available options limits what they can do. Hopefully they'll just score 5 or 6 and it won't matter.

Things should get interesting.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 10:59:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You'd have to make Chelsea the favorites this weekend with Liverpool coming off such an emotional high and intense match.

That would mean that they have to play for 3 points in their last match against Brighton. Sure, it's a match they should win, but they won't have the luxury to rest players. On the other hand, a draw against Chelsea should seal the deal.

Meanwhile, the only options to rotate at midfield appear to be Moreno, Trent and Woodburn - none of which (save Trent) do I see Klopp willing to play against Chelsea.

Then of course there is Salah's chase for the Golden Boot.

Liverpool likely have two matches that they will be playing to win. And only Lovren and Trent are positions in which there wouldn't be a massive drop if either picked up even a short term injury! Yikes.

I just had a crazy thought. Liverpool could actually be playing the UCL final for their spot in next season's champion's league!