You're right about that.
by CuzTeahan (2018-05-22 10:21:02)

In reply to: Sounds like hypersensitivity to me  posted by NDMike2001

City fan here and I am weary/sensitive to the charges of FFP violations.

City is well in compliance with FFP as written today, investing on average on par with ManU and appearing ready to slow down on spending now that a young world class team has been built. The last three years they have earned a profit with last year's revenues in excess of 473M pounds. Unlike PSG, their sponsorship revenue from UAE based companies is both declining and below market for a top EPL team.

FFP is nonsense for which the objectives and rules repeatedly shift to address different perceived issues (first excessive debt, then investment, and soon spending) to counter behavior that threatens the power teams. Originally devised to address teams making loans, then cutting bait and destabilizing teams, it has been used as a shield from competition, limiting equity investment.

My main point was that City has grown from an initial cash drain to a (minimally at this time) profitable club and group, and the charges of FFP machinations diminishes how remarkable and cutting edge what they have done is.

Cheers.