From what I’ve seen, yes
by DakotaDomer (2018-06-13 15:14:26)

In reply to: Do all three countries get automatic qualification? *  posted by Irishted

With 48 teams it’s a little less of a problem for the rest of Concacaf

If CONCACAF gets 3.5 spots now, they would get 4.5 - 5 after
by spade  (2018-06-14 13:41:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And so with 3 autos, then everyone else would be fighting for the last 1.5 or 2 spots. That's a tough sell considering 3 non soon-to-be-host teams qualified for those spots this rotation.

Central America and Caribbean would get hosed if they just give spots to hosts out of regular CONCACAF slots and don't free up at least 2.5 spots for rest of confederation.

It has not been officially decided yet
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-06-14 09:04:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the past, all hosts have automatically qualified -- including both Japan and South Korea in 2002. But as we know all too well, FIFA makes up its own rules as it goes along. It is expected that FIFA will decide this issue at its June 2019 meeting in Paris.

Do they have the format determined yet?
by DakotaDomer  (2018-06-14 12:50:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The groups and knockout stage?

Sixteen groups of three
by 3rdSt  (2018-06-14 13:11:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Top two teams from each group go into the knock-out stages. No room for errors in that format...

32 team knockout round? *
by DakotaDomer  (2018-06-15 14:57:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Confederations Cup in 2025 will be in the same venues
by Irishted  (2018-06-14 10:31:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I assume?

That's the point, right? To put on a mini-World Cup the year before as a practice run.

The future of the Confederations Cup has been called
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-06-14 11:40:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Into question I believe.

Don’t recall the specifics but I remember hearing something on SiriusXM about reworking the off year international competitions, including the confed cup.