Russia v. Saudi Arabia, good luck if you’re color blind
by wiNDycityfan (2018-06-14 11:31:28)

Also, more like MLS quality type.

Notre Dame-Southern Cal games used to look like that
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-06-15 09:27:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Except USC's jerseys are a darker shade of red (cardinal), and ND usually had far more success against them than KSA did against the Russkies. The last ND-USC game with green-cardinal jerseys was 1962 in LA. (No. 1 USC won 25-0 to break a 5-game ND winning streak in the series. It turned out to be Joe Kuharich's final game; he quit the following spring.)

Osama Hawsawi is the slowest player I have ever seen
by plaid_pants  (2018-06-14 21:31:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and he is the Saudi center defender and Captain. I can't wait to see Salah up against that guy.

Artem Dzyuba, at 6 foot 5 inches, looked like a giant when he substituted on in the second half. It is going to be fun watching some of these match-ups with opposing defenders.

Denis Cheryshev, subbed on when Dzagoev went down with a hamstring injury was a revelation, scoring two very nice looking goals.He has played in Spain his whole career (100 games with Real Madrid's Castilla B team). He is one of only two players playing outside of Russia. The other is the back-up goalie. How was he not a starter? Did they assume they were going to win anyway and were saving his legs? Is Russia making a statement about how it sees the future for players that leave the domestic league?

Salah may not get past Uruguay
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-15 00:25:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not saying they’re dirty, but I can see this squad being every bit of the “Garra Charrua” - instead of just plain grit and fight when in do or die situations, this game may bring out the ugly and unsportsmanlike side of Uruguay if pinned against the wall.

Ask Ghana and Italy what it’s like to play them.

To you last point, Russia is more domenstic-friendly
by spade  (2018-06-14 21:45:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Than the USSoccer and the MLS. I didn't think that was possible until I saw the Russian lineup.

More like MLS vs USL 2 league
by spade  (2018-06-14 13:35:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Russia isn't good then Saudi Arabia is another level of bad.

They were simply awful.
by skip encarnacion  (2018-06-14 19:03:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their performance doesn't make me excited for the 48 team World Cup.

Especially with a group of three
by spade  (2018-06-14 21:43:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Makes getting out a breeze or a nightmare depending who that third team is. I hate the 48 team field.

Saudi Arabia were abysmal. *
by PWK2  (2018-06-14 13:55:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I liked Robbie Williams and Fat Ron.
by 3rdSt  (2018-06-14 12:09:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was like a 2002 throwback show.