Switching back to Fox for the 11am match...
by wiNDycityfan (2018-06-17 10:45:19)
Edited on 2018-06-17 10:47:10

The blathering about El Tri on Telemundo, including Lando’s Wells Fargo cajoling of Mexico, makes me want to launch a bottle through the TV screen.

Fuck El Tri. So sick of hearing about their overrated midget striker.

I hope these motherfuckers are forced to vow at Timo’s feet by the 73rd minute.

Biggest shame about Mexico winning...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 14:28:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is the likelihood of the world’s biggest giants - Germany and Brazil - clashing in the round of 16.

Nah, that will be okay -
by ndhouston  (2018-06-17 17:03:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Germany and Brazil are both struggling. From what I have seen, neither would be a favorite against France, Spain, or (maybe) Portugal.

France couldn’t put away the Aussies.
by Wooderson  (2018-06-17 17:45:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This one is still pretty wide open.

May I suggest
by skip encarnacion  (2018-06-17 13:27:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That Landon Donovan, being a Southern Californian, might have a vastly different relationship with El Tri than a midwestern USMNT supporter.

I'm the same way, I'm afraid. I live amongst many El Tri supporters and count many of them as close friends. When we play, it's bragging rights and I want them all to suffer.

But on an occasion such as this, I'm rooting for them to do well. Not saying I want them to win the whole thing.

You'd be surprised how many El Tri supporters root for the USMNT. It's not Celtic/ Rangers and I prefer it that way.

This is the CA of course. Could be a different story in Mexico.

Yeah it may be different but
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-06-17 16:15:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It doesn’t mean you hate Mexican heritage to root against Mexico in the World Cup. Herculez Gomez has it right on this one. And Landon Donovan is a whiny asshole.

“This is an incredibly terrible take. Questioning ones loyalties to culture and/or heritage because HE questioned YOU for taking marketing dollars to “root” for your SPORTING RIVAL?

You can hate El Tri- this doesn’t mean you have anything against Mexicans. ✊🏼 🇲🇽 🇺🇸“

It truly is different in Southern California
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-06-17 13:48:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it's complicated. Most of my Latino, non-Mexican friends root for El Trí against most other sides, but against them if they're playing most other Western Hemisphere teams (especially the US or a Central/South American team), and perhaps also if they're playing Spain or Portugal.

I was rooting for Mexico
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-06-17 13:24:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(ducking)

I'm wearing a Mexico shirt. I'm happy for them.
by 3rdSt  (2018-06-17 14:05:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We would have gotten our asses handed to us.

Indeed we would
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-06-17 14:09:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As painful as it was to fail to qualify, at least it liberates us to watch the World Cup without having to cringe when Team USA gets beaten to a bloody pulp, especially on Russian soil.

Should be a masterclass in time wasting this last 10 minutes
by TCFC  (2018-06-17 12:37:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the Germans can get one, I think they'll get two.

I haven't really seen much cynical play from El Tri. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2018-06-17 12:46:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They never do though...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 12:49:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s typically their guts and blood that gets them through.

Exploiting the overcommitted fullbacks on the counter was the difference today.

Seconded.
by Wooderson  (2018-06-17 12:35:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fuck El Trip.

But piss off, Özil is going nowhere

Mexico showed a lot of guts and will...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 12:31:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this shouldn’t be close though. Their class shows in the obscene amount of counters they can’t do anything about is telling. Chicharito is so overrated it hurts.

Draxler needs to be quicker. This should end in a tie.

Draxler is flat track bully.
by skip encarnacion  (2018-06-17 13:19:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Germany's defense looked slow as shit.

Protection from what? "Zee Germans"? *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-06-17 12:53:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Layún could finish...
by plaid_pants  (2018-06-17 12:40:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That guy has blown four golden chances.

Yup. So has Chicharito
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 12:45:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ozil needs to get TFO of Arsenal *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 12:33:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Germany got away with a foul in the box in 70th minute *
by NavyJoe  (2018-06-17 12:29:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mexico got away with a full on handball in the box. *
by Wooderson  (2018-06-17 12:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Landon Donovan can kiss my ass
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-06-17 12:09:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope the Wells Fargo money was worth it.

Even better - he ripped into Bocanegra for
by someguy  (2018-06-17 15:20:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not supporting the Mexican people when Bocanegra disapproved of the contrived "Viva Mexico" ad. Donovan is a huge tool.

That exchange was pretty hysterical
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-06-17 16:09:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good on Herculez Gomez for putting him in his place.

ZDF: Die Mannschaft ist ein bisschen chaotisch... *
by NDHouston  (2018-06-17 11:55:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Que? *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 12:43:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Das war die Halbzeitkommentar *
by NDHouston  (2018-06-17 12:45:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No hablo Aleman *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 12:45:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to tell who is gassed more
by mitquinn  (2018-06-17 11:52:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could be a rope a dope... Kroos and Khedira are starting to show some cement legs. Kimmich is no Lahm, need him to step up.

Clear foul at the other end that led to Mexico's goal
by wcnitz  (2018-06-17 11:48:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Referee has been looking the other way on German attackers getting hit from behind near Mexico's 18.

Regardless, Mexico then moved the ball about 70 ...
by Rocksteady74  (2018-06-17 12:47:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... yards and scored, and there should have been enough Germans to stop them. Horrible defending and poor positioning by the GK.

I think Neuer defended it well, positioning wise...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 13:01:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He stood half past over the near post where Lozano hit it. He just couldn’t get paws in.

I think the issue was German’s underestimating the opponents speed. That kind of exposure on the counter could’ve netted 5 goals to an average European squad.

I noticed the same - Ramos would have been proud. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-06-17 12:43:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is better than Portugal - Spain so far
by plaid_pants  (2018-06-17 11:37:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are they fit enough to keep this up?

FOX crew openly rooting for Mexico *
by wcnitz  (2018-06-17 10:51:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously Fox News is not involved *
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-06-17 13:00:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fox admitted they were going to be pro-Mexico
by steelhop  (2018-06-17 11:52:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right after the US was eliminated.

Its hard to tell...
by mitquinn  (2018-06-17 11:53:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kate Abdo has my head spinning.

Infamy *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-06-17 11:10:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meola is painful to listen to. *
by 3rdSt  (2018-06-17 11:30:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post