Sterling keeping up club form...
by iudomer (2018-06-18 14:14:15)

bold strategy by Tunisia leaving him alone at the goalmouth.

How would the US match up against England?
by volley  (2018-06-19 08:43:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are we comparable in talent? Are they technically superior and better developed?

Every England starter is better than the US similar position
by spade  (2018-06-19 10:12:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That being said, England would just be England and probably lose to us in the Group Stage of the World Cup. Pulisic is better than some wingers (Trippier perhaps?) who plays for England, but Kane is much better than Pulisic in an up top position.

Also, that statement wasn't even close to true for the 2010 matchup. Howard was WAY better than Rob Green, but even Dempsey and Donovan matched up up well or better than the England starter and even Altidore was probably better than Rooney.

Pulisic is more similar to Sterling than he is to Kane
by someguy  (2018-06-19 12:03:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kane is a great version of Wondo - opportunistic scorer based on positioning and aerial ability vice technical dribbling skills / speed.

But yes I think Sterling is better than Pulisic (currently) as well.

They’d have the edge 9 out of 10 times
by DakotaDomer  (2018-06-19 09:16:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As long as none of the matches are during the world cup

So Kane-y
by DakotaDomer  (2018-06-18 15:50:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don’t mark him or anything

I was so looking forward to making fun of England for the
by 3rdSt  (2018-06-18 15:52:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

week as well.

Haha, me too
by DakotaDomer  (2018-06-18 15:52:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But we probably can’t talk

When all else fails
by HTownND  (2018-06-18 17:17:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can generally come here and agree with you.

Dead on balls correct DD

Only when Chelsea is sucking *
by DakotaDomer  (2018-06-18 18:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which thankfully
by HTownND  (2018-06-19 12:04:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

happened more regularly than I'd like this past season

What would Ashley Young say he does here?
by DakotaDomer  (2018-06-18 15:38:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the Bobs were to ask

The Bobs
by Irishlawyer  (2018-06-18 19:09:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a whole lot. That's for sure. *
by ChicagoWave03  (2018-06-18 15:45:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As is Kane.
by ChicagoWave03  (2018-06-18 14:15:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Such a typical Kane goal.

As is Kyle Walker...
by iudomer  (2018-06-18 14:37:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a history of dumb.

Agreed, but how about calling it both ways?
by PeteatND  (2018-06-18 15:12:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m biased, but why does it seem like Tunisia is being allowed to Greco-Roman style wrestle Kane to the ground on every cross into the box?

Did you see the English corner in the first half ...
by PWK2  (2018-06-18 15:15:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

where, off the ball, the Tunisian defender simply grabbed Kane in the box and threw him down? There was no way it was going to be called, as it had nothing to do with the front-side play, but I would have smiled if it had been called. And it would have been upheld.