Where's the Pulisic love thread?
by fontoknow (2018-07-23 05:31:51)

Or is the ICC just a shite competition?

perfect fit for the Spurs. *
by fourputtmd  (2018-07-24 17:23:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he ends up in Italy or Spain
by fontoknow  (2018-07-25 14:19:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not this season, but as his next move.

EPL, with their NBCSN deal, have good access to the American market. Serie A and La Liga not as good. Getting player on your team like Pulisic would do wonders for American market penetration of say Roma.

No chance. *
by NDMike2001  (2018-07-25 18:18:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but first they need a TV deal...I find it unlikely any US
by fourputtmd  (2018-07-25 18:11:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

market pays for series A/La Liga for one player. At least we can understand the language of epl color men

beIN has those leagues in the US *
by wcnitz  (2018-07-26 09:04:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Serie A is up for bidding...
by iudomer  (2018-07-26 11:12:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as it currently has no rights in the US. Think ESPN might get it after Roma owner last night said this:

Did that just become available?
by wcnitz  (2018-07-26 13:47:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've watched a lot of Serie A matches on beIN.

I think
by HTownND  (2018-07-26 17:10:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It just expired after this past season, see link

In both English and Spanish
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-07-26 10:32:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They always carry the big 3 in La Liga (Real, Barca, Atletico) and most of the Juve, Roma, and Napoli games. They also carry quite a few PSG and Marseille games.

Ray Hudson is the main color guy for them.

I would love to see Pulisic in La Liga for either Atletico or Valencia.

Yeah most of those are lateral or clear move down
by spade  (2018-07-27 18:16:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Valencia is a CLEAR demotion and Athletico is a lateral move at best considering they have Greizmann who is a very similar player. But if the pieces are right (playing beside Ronaldo is nice) Juve and Roma could be a slight move up in terms of making him a star.

But nothing there screams "better than Bundesliga". Unless the money is insane, Dortmund is still a good spot for him. I'd move to EPL or Juve, nowhere else outside of Bundesliga. Hell even playing for Schalke looks better than a move to non-Barca/Real in la Liga, although the local press would rip him to pieces for that Rivierderby defection.

Is that a move up from Dortmund?
by fontoknow  (2018-07-27 07:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems lateral at best.

He’s now being linked with all the big clubs.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-07-23 11:42:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Real Madrid, Chelsea (especially if they lose Hazard), Liverpool for obvious Klopp and FSG ownership reasons, Man U because they get linked with everyone.

It’ll be interesting if someone offers BVB a number they just can’t turn down.

I hope he stays at Dortmund one more year
by CuzTeahan  (2018-07-23 12:37:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He needs another year of development and expanded playing time to be ready for the jump.

Expanded playing time probably won't happen.
by baloo88  (2018-07-23 20:26:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He already played the third most Bundesliga minutes on the team last season. The only two above him were Sokratis (center back) and Bürki (goalkeeper). There's just not much room for his playing time to increase.

Now, Yarmolenko is gone, and Schürrle seems to be on the way out, so that opens up some time. But it's unlikely that Reus and Philipp each will miss more than half of the season like they did last year. And the emergence of Jadon Sancho likely will push Pulisic's minutes further downward.

I don't even think it's a bad thing if his minutes go down a bit this year. He clearly was worn out by the end of last season. He's still a young player, his fitness is great for his age, and he'll continue to build endurance over the next few years. But last year was too much for him.

Thanks for background.
by CuzTeahan  (2018-07-24 11:45:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any view on his diminished production last year and their plans for Pulisic's development?

I'm not an expert, just a BVB fan. So take this FWIW.
by baloo88  (2018-07-24 21:13:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First, I think Pulisic was better last season than in 2016-17. However, I think many expected him to make a huge leap, and his progress is 2017-18 was more modest. For most of Bosz's tenure, despite being played in a more defensive role, Pulisic was Dortmund's most aggressive and effective attacking player. He didn't have goals and assists to show for it, but he was very influential, especially in the early part of the seasom. Stöger played him in a more advanced role, and the stats started to more closely reflect Pulisic's impact. I think his assist stats were bolstered by having a more effective finisher than Aubameyang on the end of his crosses.

Of course, because of his growing influence and the absence of Reus, Pulisic drew a lot more attention from opposing defenses. I think the pressure took a toll on him, physically and mentally. The return of Reus and Maxi Philipp and the emergence of Jadon Sancho helped lighten his load. If those guys stay healthy and Dortmund pick up a solid striker, I think we'll see Pulisic's production tick up this season.

Danke. *
by CuzTeahan  (2018-07-25 14:25:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bosz was an awful choice for Dortmund
by wcnitz  (2018-07-25 10:26:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That just ruined the season completely. He had the wrong mentality for that club.

BVB also had a very down year
by spade  (2018-07-25 00:57:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So, it wasn't just Pulisic that had a underwhelming season, the whole squad did. They BARELY qualified for Champs as it was a close close race for the last 2 top4 spots and the Europa spots.

The game that I remember most clearly was their 4-4 tie vs archrival Schalke when they squandered a 4 goal lead. That was Dortmund in a nutshell; amazing enough to score 4 goals in 1 half, poor enough to squander that away to their archrival. Coincidentally Pulisic seemed to be the only one who didn't score that day.

I really hope BVB can switch it around for 2018-2019. Just not enough to beat Werder Bremen. I liked getting a win and a tie last season quite a lot. But seriously, best of luck, they are my favorite team that actually has a chance in the Bundesliga.

Agree. Being the focal point of Dortmund’s team
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-07-23 12:52:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would be much better for his development than fighting for time at Liverpool or United.

Well they're just glorified friendlies
by wcnitz  (2018-07-23 07:55:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But yeah, he's been playing very well recently. Running the attack from #10, too.

Tim Weah also had a nice appearance against Bayern.