Looks like Dortmund are ready to cash in the Pulisic chips
by miamioh_irishfan (2018-07-28 12:14:46)

Bidding race among all the European heavyweights starting at £65m.

It is interesting that Bayern was planning on trying for him
by fontoknow  (2018-07-29 15:51:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that they seem him as an heir to Ribbery and Robben.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. And hopefully he has some leverage to end up someplace that will maximize his development and also give him ample first team time.

This Davies kid...
by iudomer  (2018-07-29 19:37:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Makes me think no on CP, two goals two assists for Whitecaps last night:

@FOXSoccer: Getting excited, Bayern fans? 👀

Alphonso Davies shows us why he's the most expensive MLS transfer of all time with 2 stunners Saturday against Minnesota United. https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1023718932903944192/video/1

Seems like a long term project *
by fontoknow  (2018-07-29 21:48:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

According to Bayern
by wcnitz  (2018-07-30 08:12:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Closer to short than long. No loan and they apparently put first team minutes in the contract.

A shame...
by iudomer  (2018-07-28 15:01:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BuLi is no more.

There’s only one club he should go to if he were to move...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-07-28 13:37:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and that club is Manchester United.

He’s a notch under what Martial was at this time last year, younger of course, and should definitely be ready to step in at a larger club. The way I see it, he’s done as much if not more than Dembele did at the same club, all with inferior supporting cast.

Also, Man Utd has a hole at RW, so he can feature as long as he shows mettle. He’d be more infusion of core, young attacking talent to grow along Pogba, Lukaku, Lingard, Rashford and Martial (if he stays).

Lastly, he too is a United fan and “fancies” the Premier League. Barring the availability of a world class winger, of which Perisic and Willian are not, Pulisic is just the kind of player Mourinho needs to add for the present and the future.

To suffer the exact same fate as Pogba
by HTownND  (2018-07-30 11:00:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And try to force a square peg into a round hole.

I get that you are a United fan, but you have to take a step back and realize he is not what Man U needs at the moment, and you and I both know how Mou views younger players.

It's hilarious you bring up Lukaku, because he's the same player that Mou sent out on loan and then sold to Everton because he wasn't what he wanted (he was too young).

See De Bruyne, Salah, etc.

Mou has no patience for young talent, never has, never will.

I'd hate to see him under Mourinho.
by IrishCavan  (2018-07-29 15:52:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would not serve him well at this stage of his career.

Would be a waste of his talent
by wcnitz  (2018-07-31 10:39:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He needs to play an open game. Not a closed one.

Agreed. *
by Rocksteady74  (2018-07-30 12:14:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Klopp and Liverpool is probably the best EPL move for him
by fontoknow  (2018-07-29 16:01:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just worry there is not enough playing time for him.

That's my concern.
by NDBass  (2018-07-29 19:01:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a Liverpool fan, I'd love to sign him. As a USMNT fan, I fear it would hurt his development.

Not a chance.
by NDMike2001  (2018-07-30 17:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are tons of minutes between league, domestic cups and UCL. And Klopp is one of the few big club coaches that places a lot of emphasis on training.

It's either time for him to make the jump to a big club or he would have to commit a couple years to a mid table kind of team.

Unfortunately, the instability at Dortmund probably hinders his development as much as anything.

All that being said, if he needs practice preparing for USMNT, he should go to the Championship. That way his supporting cast would be closer to what he'd have to play with!

He would be dead to me. *
by tex29  (2018-07-29 11:05:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think he has a CDL. *
by NDBass  (2018-07-28 17:21:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

[golf clap] *
by tex29  (2018-07-29 11:06:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Commercial Driver’s License? *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-07-29 09:03:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Somebody has to park the bus. *
by 3rdSt  (2018-07-29 09:43:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I dont think they'll sell yet.
by NDMike2001  (2018-07-28 13:00:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe for close to 100.