Say you don't want to play for the Redskins, I would agree
by spade (2018-07-28 15:54:55)
Edited on 2018-07-28 15:58:25

In reply to: Yes then why did they let her in camp this time around.  posted by domerduck

If you say playing for that crest and helmet is against your morals because it's racist, that's fine, you have your beliefs and I would support your ideas. But then don't get in a tussy when the Redskins end up cutting you if you do go to their camp.

Problem is there just isn't ANOTHER USWNT she can play for instead. It seems like a Carlos Vela situation, where the player's politics be it moral-politics or soccer-politics has wrote them off the squad for the detriment of the greater squad.

But still this is her own doing and keeping her off the team may make Rapinoe and other pro-gay players including our backup keeper play better and that's the end positive result I'm proud of.

Edit: To your point of inviting then not inviting. They invited her last year and she declined indicating the jersey and what it stands for, namely equality. I see that as an insult to the team. I'm not aware of this invite, then not-invite, then invite. The original decline to play DOES sound very Carlos Vela-ish and that's why he was off the MexiNT for so long. I just can't really get behind this girl. My own morals are probably taking over my soccer IQ.

Replies: