"Virulently anti-gay"?
by KevinPS (2018-08-06 11:21:49)

In reply to: PC reasons?  posted by NDLAW88

She isn't "anti" anyone. She simply didn't feel that wearing the "gay pride" uniform that the various teams were sporting in June was consistent with her beliefs. She didn't say she didn't like or love her gay teammates, etc. Her religious beliefs are consistent with Christian doctrine that's been around for 2,000 years. I believe Hinkle's club manager as well as several of her teammates support her position, even if they don't agree with it.
This will stun some people, you apparently among them: You can disagree with someone's beliefs and/or behavior and still like and love them and like to hang around with them. I know a ton of people that I've met in my life. I only dislike two of them. One is a married man and one is a married woman. They are not gay. We have a young man who's sort of become part of our family who is gay. His name is Nick. I love Nick. I believe his sexual activity is harmful to him. He knows this. He knows I love him. It's not a bone of contention between us. I also know a number of people, young and older, that are involved in casual "straight" sexual relationships. I also believe that their sexual activities are harmful to them. It doesn't stop me from loving and liking them.

Replies: