Sad day for The Arsenal
by mitquinn (2018-08-07 13:23:25)

It’s a human comedy that being an ND football fan has conditioned me for disappointment and a slow death of something once very real, special and sacred.

start a new club....maybe in 20 years *
by fourputtmd  (2018-08-08 17:18:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, agreed, a tragedy.
by ChicagoWave03  (2018-08-08 12:23:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bad enough the elimination of the nostalgic elements of ownership, financial disclosures, etc., but to have Kroenke as the sole owner just makes it worst. He is terrible.

He already had 70% of the club.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-08-07 16:22:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn't this just pre-ordained?

Arsenal had a proud base
by mitquinn  (2018-08-07 16:35:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of actual fans owning 9-11% in generational shares passed on for a long time.

Tough day for them seeing the company move to Delaware.

He had to disclose financials at 70%...
by iudomer  (2018-08-07 16:35:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

now at 100% he won't have to show he's taken a loan out on the club as collateral, or the debt service of said loan in the financials.

Yep
by HTownND  (2018-08-07 18:20:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't view this as a good thing, for the record.

But it's also not lost on me how many grenades were lobbed by Arsenal fans at other clubs that had sole ownership and black boxes of financials.

That said, I sort of agreed with them at the time, now they've joined the club.

It was our last bastion of pride
by mitquinn  (2018-08-08 02:44:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everything else was beaten out of us, save for three cups in five years.

To know the current trajectory was set in motion by one man’s death is a big f*#k you to cancer.

In a comical take, how awkward is the pillow talk with Ann & Stan when he asks her to personally guarantee the loan from Deutche?

What happened?
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-08-07 16:03:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arsene’s back?

I thought things were looking up.

Going private, with Stan Kroenke as sole owner.
by SavageDragon  (2018-08-07 16:19:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You might remember him as the guy who helped bring the Rams from LA back to his home town of St. Louis, only to then move them back to LA after he got a stadium built there to make him even more loads of cash (which he totally needs, as a billionaire real estate mogul who then married into the Walmart fortune ...)