They have to sell him right?
by HTownND (2018-08-08 18:43:17)

In reply to: Navas not pretty enough...  posted by iudomer

No way he sits behind Courtois and only plays in Copa Del Rey type matches.

He’s a 3X UCL winner for crying outloud.

I do not think Real will sell him
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-08-09 09:52:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I do not think the move is ridiculous by any stretch. Navas will be 32 and Courtois 26 this season. Real now has their long term goalie.

Just this morning both Lopetegui and Navas said it can work and with Real's schedule there should be plenty of time for both. Navas' direct quote was leaving Madrid would be akin to death. Hyperbole aside I do not see him leaving. But, its football. Anything can happen.

Navas is a team player
by HTownND  (2018-08-09 15:52:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As I said above, I've seen the movie before (although a different movie with Courtois/Cech).

Cech has won the UCL before, and had exceptional results and was a team legend.

Chelsea moved heaven and earth for Courtois, because he wasn't OK with the "shared" game action that Navas seems fine with.

It may change, because he's near his kids, but Courtois didn't dig on that setup when he came to Chelsea, but his mind could have changed, but I think he's heading to Madrid expecting to get the lionshare of the starts.