Completely agree about Eva
by FightingIrishRadio (2018-08-24 09:46:30)

In reply to: No, It's Not You. Eva Hurm Is Essential.  posted by dillon77

I really thought her presence would have led to more solid chances last night. When she left the Loyola game, it appeared she banged heads, because she had no brace/boot/or limp following the game.

Brianna Martinez didn't start last night, but she was inserted in the first half and I believe she played all of the second half.

Brooke Van Dyke is quite short -- but she is quick and strong. Freshman heights aren't posted on und.com yet, but she was standing next to Sabrina in the pre-game introduction/anthem line, and Sabrina is noticeably taller, and she's listed at 5'3".

I saw Eva with the team, but not in uniform as they
by MPG  (2018-08-25 10:15:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

left the field at half-time.

This is a team that should improve during the season as the many young players gain experience. There will be some rough moments in ACC play.

I watched some of the NC-Texas game.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-25 11:56:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both teams seemed to have some girls that, well, I'll use my favorite line from Thomas Hardy,…"A little bit thick in the flitch perhaps: but I like a woman that a puff o' wind won't blow down."

Many on ND's team may get bounced around a bit when we play North Carolina.

Thank you for the Thomas Hardy quote. ND lacks height
by MPG  (2018-08-26 14:05:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and power, as well as top players from Illinois. What happened to the DuPage County pipeline?

Martinez, VanDyck and Moss Are All Promising..
by dillon77  (2018-08-24 10:34:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As said, while Martinez isn't quite as fast as Hurm, she's got a smooth gait that gets up to speed and keeps going. Excellent "handle," to borrow a phrase from hoops, and boy I love her crosses.

One of the things that I love -- and I bet Coach Norman does, too -- about Moss is working hard to find space on the weak side, via runs or just scoping around. She'll get a lot of goals that way.

VanDyck is short. Really short..with a center of gravity around our ankles, but that's a plus in crowds.

Brooke VanDyck's height is one of the best kept secrets
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-24 11:16:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the internet, but I had tracked it down as 5'3" and posted as such in an earlier post. However, like FightingIrishRadio, I compared her to Sabrina in videos and thus my comment "(and that may be generous)". Here is the story where I found her height reported. Who's knows how accurate it is? All this is more or less in fun, since, like Dillon, I have no problem with her height to the point that it seems to help her soccer game. Like Sabrina, no one's has much of a chance to take the ball away one-on-one. She seems poised to make a big difference in ND soccer.