ND men start season with a tie. SLU scores with 18 secs left
by domerduck (2018-08-25 13:19:35)

to end up 1-1 and no additional score in OT. Defense broke down late in the game as SLU threw numbers. Disappointing 1st game for the new coach.

I hope not, but from what I saw,
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-25 13:43:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it might be a long season. I had to give an little laugh of annoyance when I heard the announcers plead that we significantly out shot our opponents last year. Well, guess what, we don't have those shooters this year.

I agree. Although the tie was fortuitous for SLU since our
by domerduck  (2018-08-26 12:41:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1-0 score, SLU seemed to be the better team. It was hard to imagine ND was ranked and SLU was not. Not sure if they are both good or ND is worst than we thought. Either way we miss those seniors. The women seem to be much better this year and more in control of the flow when last year we had bouts of "what the hell are we doing" even with all that talent. The ND men, I'm not sure we have the talent at least after match 1.