3 weeks in on the PL season
by HTownND (2018-08-26 12:56:36)

The state of officiating is dog shit.

The first two goals in the Chelsea/Newcastle match were bullshit.

The missed obvious red in the CP/Watford match.

It’s been bad all 3 weeks so far.

They need to get better

And wasn't the Wolves goal a handball?
by spade  (2018-08-27 19:34:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just now watching it, but how was this not called back? Was it even looked at?!?
That game probably should have been 3-0 Citeh

Yes. But I was more upset by the no-call on the clear
by tex29  (2018-08-30 10:53:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

foul against David Silva in the box. I can see how they missed the handball at full speed—even the City players missed it. But there is no way the refs didn’t see Silva getting kicked and taken down with the ball in the penalty area.

Over the course of the season, luck and bad officiating will probably even out. But City should have won that game by at least 2.

Clear handball. But PL does not have VAR yet. *
by ChicagoWave03  (2018-08-28 08:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And in the grand scheme of Hazard getting fouled
by TCFC  (2018-08-26 17:17:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The call on Yedlin that led to the free kick where they scored the winner was crap. I actually thought he'd done a pretty good job of defending him without fouling.

I guess karma and all that but I thought DY got screwed.

Totally agree on the non-red in the early match. Holy hell what an awful tackle that was.

Agreed
by HTownND  (2018-08-27 12:16:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of the fouls on Hazard from the match, that was one of the lesser fouls.

Am I a bad person...
by DakotaDomer  (2018-08-26 16:31:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I loved that Newcastle goal?

Giroud definitely got nailed
But he laid around on the ground until the second he heard the eruption from the crowd
And that header angle was impossible perfection

Nope
by HTownND  (2018-08-26 17:16:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Luiz needs to go back to the bench for a bit. Absolutely flat footed right there