Ends 2-1. Beat Buckeyes on Sunday to stay unbeaten at home
by domerduck (2018-08-30 21:10:44)

In reply to: Muya!!! Aggressive response now up 2-1: 17 minutes left. *  posted by domerduck

Only 5 shots second half which 2 found the back of the net. Still we seemed to control the game. Need to to much better Sunday to avenge the loss at Columbus last year.

By the way, shout out to Dillon for advising Coach Norman.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-31 09:36:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per Dillon post: "First, I'm still not totally sold on Coach Norman's decision to push his wing defenders considerably up the field from the get go, particularly when there is a new "duo" at center back, including one player who has never played it."

This game Norman played a 3-5-3 so his wing defenders were not going "considerably up the field from the get go".

Yes it's good the coaches take advice from NDNation, *
by domerduck  (2018-08-31 11:15:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey, Hey....
by dillon77  (2018-08-31 13:01:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...you mean Coach Nate won't come here first after a game?

He's got an awfully young team but I like what I hear from him about having his players figure it out and drive the ship. Spoken like a true player.

I coached travel soccer for years and enjoyed doing so. It's a tricky situation when watching a game to relax and just keep the glass half-full.

Yes, that switch looked successful. Rachel Heard was with
by MPG  (2018-08-31 10:02:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the team on the sideline, but not in uniform.

Cincinnati had lost at UVA 3-0 in their opener and then defeated three regional opponents.

Jade Gosar Looked Pretty Good Last Night
by dillon77  (2018-08-31 12:41:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She played 65 minutes and seemed to have Coach Norman's approval, given all that time on the back line.

I like Ms. Wingate, our frosh from Massachusetts...got some oomph to her shot and does not get pushed around up front. Plus, she puts shots on goal, which is one of my pet bugaboos.

Would still like to see Westendorf take any restart that is within scoring distance. The possibilities seem ton increase her focus.

Ohio State should be a good test....