Well, could have been worse.
by 3rdSt (2018-09-08 01:02:31)
Edited on 2018-09-08 01:03:44

John Brookes and Matt Miazaga were pretty much the highlights against a damn talented Brazilian squad. There’s plenty of players I like (or think I like) on this call-up, but there’s not much of a team here at all.

I’d blame the coach, but good grief, Sirachan doen’t deserve that. The rest of US Soccer can go fuck themselves...

Outside of the US play the field
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-09-08 09:36:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was an absolute disgrace. They are really going to play a World Cup final there? You could see the stitch lines for the seams where the grass did not quite cover the turf on my TV. The ball was skidding and coming to a dead stop all over the field. I really hope they do not select this place as a stadium for the World Cup and that they come to their senses and move the final to Pasadena or some other place that has a natural field. It is an embarrassment that we cannot produce a proper field for a match of this class.

Yeah
by HTownND  (2018-09-10 13:30:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We should scrap any and all facilities that don't have natural grass from hosting a single WC game.

It's just so awful to watch and the ball simply doesn't respond truly. I stopped counting how many times the ball just stopped, it was crazy.

yeah, but lots of Brazilians bought tickets
by irishlawyer  (2018-09-08 13:19:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which is what matters to Cordiero and Garber.

Agreed
by Dr Muppet  (2018-09-08 08:47:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't see much I liked. That could easily have been 5 or 6 nil. Brazil almost looked like they were trying not to run it up on us with some of their finishing touches. Steffen had a good game in goal. Miazga had some moments good and bad in defense.

Our midfield play was... not great. Couldn't maintain possession and couldn't do much to disrupt theirs. Almost have to give Wood an incomplete as little as he saw the ball.

At least no one too a serious injury?