Big match tonight...
by iudomer (2018-09-11 16:17:25)

not a dos a cero repeat, but IU coming to South Bend. #2 at #8, ACC Network extra. WTF is that?

Can’t overstate how awful ND highlight videos are
by Nobilo  (2018-09-11 23:15:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I went to YouTube to see the ND-produced highlight video of ND vs IU.

In 52 seconds, they show 4 plays. It ends with an ND player cutting through IU defense and scoring. Cool, I would guess Irish win 1-0.

However, I’ve seen these incomplete highlight videos before, so I then check website, where I’m disappointed to learn ND lost 2-1 in OT.

Why even make the video? Why not make a 3 minute clip and show more plays. Certainly at least show all the goals, and a frame at the end with final score. This is basic stuff, and frankly embarrassing that the quality and thought process are so poor.

It's similar to highlights of a penalty, but not the foul
by spade  (2018-09-13 00:44:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They show 4 different angles of a boring penalty make but don't show the amazing move that actually earns the snoozer of a make.

Edit: This is done more in professional highlights but it exemplifies the people making these "highlights" have no idea what actually constitute the high points of the match.

Here's a look at the golden goal...
by iudomer  (2018-09-12 08:14:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hard to tell if the deflection came off the ND defender or not.

Why was the ND keeper a yard deep in the goal? *
by ndroman21  (2018-09-16 09:28:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How was IU not offside? *
by Sonofadomer  (2018-09-12 14:07:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only way that goal could not be offside is if the ...
by Rocksteady74  (2018-09-14 21:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... ball was played toward goal by a bad touch by an ND player. I cannot discern whether that is even a possible justification from that video clip.

Definitely off
by wcnitz  (2018-09-13 11:04:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Impacted the keeper before the deflection even happened (and I don't know if the deliberate deflecting rule applies to college soccer anyway).

He's in the goal already. That was awful *
by spade  (2018-09-13 00:47:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

offside, even the IU fans on the link admit it *
by oggie  (2018-09-12 15:02:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post