Is Sarri going to play Kante
by miamioh_irishfan (2018-12-07 11:26:35)
Edited on 2018-12-07 11:27:35

in the position at which he is the best in the world (sitting a little deep, in the center of the midfield) this weekend v City, or leave him terribly out of position (on one of the wings)?

Chelsea needs to win one of these 2 (v City) matches to have any hope of chasing them down. And tbh, Liverpool needs Chelsea to win one of those to have realistic a shot too.

I don't suspect
by HTownND  (2018-12-07 14:59:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he will, and it won't be the reason we lose.

I suspect our D will once again let us down (they have been pretty piss poor for about a month).

Personally, I think it's because he hasn't rotated out back there at all, and the main guys are tired, and the backups, who are good, are out of form because they haven't played at all.

I hope he stays, I like him, and I think he'll do good things, but he has mismanaged the back this year.

Why haven't you launched
by wcnitz  (2018-12-07 15:06:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

David Luiz out of a cannon?

Apparently it's cause he's really good
by spade  (2018-12-07 19:18:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...according to himself. He IS good but he's also arrogant, and he's not as quick as he used to. Likely he needs more elements around him to solidify Chelsea's back line. But playing like the David Luiz he was 4 years ago won't provie results.

Edit: Luiz's lame attempt to challenge Son's goal against Chelsea reminds me of Dier's challenge against Torreira during his romp into a goal.

Technically, Liverpool controls its destiny.
by NDBass  (2018-12-07 12:33:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That being said, they will need help. I'm not expecting much of it.

January 3 should tell the tale
by CuzTeahan  (2018-12-07 15:02:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By the last game of the holiday fixtures between Pool and City in Manchester, we should know whether to expect a tight race.

City will have finished their top 5 away games (ManU pending) and have a fresh DeBruyne to rotate in with the Silvas. If they can manage to keep Fernandinho in one piece and don't get further beat up on left back, they'll be a really tough out, not having lost to a non top 6 team in nearly two years.

I don't think it will matter.
by NDBass  (2018-12-07 15:44:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think Liverpool can keep up the pace in the other games. Especially not a one point lead if they were to win on January 3. Injuries are just about to catch up with them. Now would be a good time for Keita to meet expectations, but the back four is looking fun with Gomez out for 6ish weeks.