Technically, Liverpool controls its destiny.
by NDBass (2018-12-07 12:33:16)

In reply to: Is Sarri going to play Kante  posted by miamioh_irishfan

That being said, they will need help. I'm not expecting much of it.

January 3 should tell the tale
by CuzTeahan  (2018-12-07 15:02:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By the last game of the holiday fixtures between Pool and City in Manchester, we should know whether to expect a tight race.

City will have finished their top 5 away games (ManU pending) and have a fresh DeBruyne to rotate in with the Silvas. If they can manage to keep Fernandinho in one piece and don't get further beat up on left back, they'll be a really tough out, not having lost to a non top 6 team in nearly two years.

I don't think it will matter.
by NDBass  (2018-12-07 15:44:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think Liverpool can keep up the pace in the other games. Especially not a one point lead if they were to win on January 3. Injuries are just about to catch up with them. Now would be a good time for Keita to meet expectations, but the back four is looking fun with Gomez out for 6ish weeks.