Hey HTown
by wcnitz (2018-12-08 12:40:05)

How clenched are you right now, buddy?

Solid win
by tcfc  (2018-12-09 10:06:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The racism was a nice touch as well.

Did anyone else know about this?
by HTownND  (2018-12-10 12:19:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sterling Chelsea Article

"just a week after Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had a banana skin thrown at him during the North London derby."

That was the first I heard about the North London match.

What is going on these days?

People suck
by TCFC  (2018-12-10 13:56:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I hope that you didn't read my initial post to insinuate that this was an issue specific to Chelsea and its fans.

There are lousy fans all over the place.

I did not read it that way
by HTownND  (2018-12-10 15:37:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just hadn’t heard of the other incident until doing some reading about the Stamford Bridge incident.

I don’t believe that Chelsea fans are above the fray. We clearly have some a holes among us. They need to be outed and banned, but we only know about it when they do stupid shit and expose themselves so we know they are racist a holes.

I’m just surprised I didn’t hear/see much about the North a London incident.

Maybe because I mostly follow my team, but shit like that needs to be outed and the people banned, regardless of their team.

Agree *
by TCFC  (2018-12-10 15:39:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep
by HTownND  (2018-12-09 19:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The guy will get a deserved lifetime ban

They’re going to pin it on one guy?
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-10 09:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ha

They found the main guy
by HTownND  (2018-12-10 12:00:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And appears they are going to go after the others

Three more guys
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-10 20:49:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That seems inadequate to me and like they’re using the fact it was so obscenely broadcast all over social media to sort of wipe their hands and say yeah we dealt with it.

I’m sure you’ll agree that all of the clubs and the FA need to do more, a lot more, to root this out of the supporter culture.

I agree
by HTownND  (2018-12-11 10:13:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But they have to start with who they know did it, and go from there.

I'm glad they are cooperating with Scotland Yard, and I'm sure there were more people, but that requires people to step up and let the authorities know who said and did what.

Onus is on the supporters as well
by wcnitz  (2018-12-11 08:03:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are the most powerful group with the most influence.

Spot on response from Sterling today *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-09 11:48:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thought so as well
by tcfc  (2018-12-09 12:09:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also thought Robbie Earle was extremely eloquent this morning.

Yep, although I find the notion that racism
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-09 14:56:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is only starting to infect English football to be lacking awareness.

It's been there for a long time.

I think Robbie's point
by wcnitz  (2018-12-09 15:36:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was that it's starting to creep back into the forefront after a lot of effort had been spent on player, coach and supporter outreach.

It was pretty tough
by TCFC  (2018-12-10 13:53:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to listen to him express his feeling that he'd (and other older players) had failed the younger generation of guys like Sterling.

It's never completely gone away but I'm guessing that Earle and others of his age would have hoped that issues like what happened at Stamford Bridge would have stopped by now.

Absolutely
by wcnitz  (2018-12-10 14:10:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You could see how much it was affecting him. Rebecca wanted to give him a hug.

Side note: Rebecca can hug me whenever she wants.

Ditto *
by TCFC  (2018-12-10 15:40:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is
by HTownND  (2018-12-08 13:05:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting.

Thankfully I decided during the summer, while Conte was still coach, I wasn’t going to get too emotionally invested this year.

Didn’t get too high early and not too upset now.

David Luiz really is awful though.

An earned 2-0 so far
by wcnitz  (2018-12-08 14:06:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Playing exceptionally well defensively and controlling the midfield when necessary.

Indeed
by HTownND  (2018-12-08 14:28:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But makes that loss to Wolves that much worse

Never mind his talent, or lack there of
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-08 13:06:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s possibly the most unlikeable player on the field right now.

Yep
by HTownND  (2018-12-08 13:08:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it’s not really close.

Ah damnit
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-08 14:07:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here I was ready to be happy about Chelsea declaring this a 3-headed title race and then that floppy haired asswipe steals a goal from Ross Barkley.

I was going to say
by HTownND  (2018-12-08 14:27:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still shitty

Floppy haired asswipe
by wcnitz  (2018-12-08 14:10:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like it. And he’s the only one with the title now that Hairani cut his off.

Guendouzi is floppy haired.
by ChicagoWave03  (2018-12-08 20:59:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but he's not an asswipe.

He’s also beautiful
by wcnitz  (2018-12-08 22:25:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just look at him!