Depends on the fracture.
by NDBass (2018-12-12 10:24:54)

In reply to: No way. *  posted by NDMike2001

I broke my fibula in mid-November and was back playing basketball in January. I walked on it for a week thinking it was a high ankle sprain. Then I was in a cast for 3-4 weeks. My biggest issue was with the ligament damage. That took longer to heal than the bone.

I haven't seen which bone he broke. Based on what I saw, I'd think it was the fibula. It also didn't look like there would be much damage other than the broken bone. They refused to let me look at his charts, though. I'm not a doctor so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

That being said, a return to light training in 4-5 weeks isn't that extraordinary. That would give him a good portion of January to work closer to playing shape. Joe Gomez is a slightly better athlete than I am. He also has access to better rehab.

I was referring to the 4 weeks.
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-12 12:41:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's had some injury history and some set backs from those recoveries. He's far too valuable for them to rush him back. So sure, he could resume light training in 4 weeks. Probably full training at 6. That would put him on course to be back by the 1/19 match against Palace. And I could very well see them holding off until 1/30 against Leceister.

Things could change with injuries or suspensions of course, but Lovren, Matip, Clyne, Milner and all capable backups. And I suspect that there will be strong consideration to play Fabinho as CB or RB as well.

I didn't make that number up
by Siegfried08  (2018-12-12 14:15:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The club said "up to six weeks," with a potential earlier return. Either way, I'd be shocked if he isn't back for the round of 16 in mid-February.
Matip broke his collarbone, so it looks like Lovren and VVD are going to be rather busy.

Nathaniel Phillips will likely get some playing time. *
by NDBass  (2018-12-12 15:57:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also injured.
by IrishCavan  (2018-12-12 17:08:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or so one of the beat writers on twitter claimed. I would think Fabinho or Milner? Hell, Milner is probably the 3rd goalie, right?

It would have to be Fabinho.
by NDBass  (2018-12-12 18:01:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think Milner has the height to play CB. That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if Milner was successful.