I think Man U should sit Pogba every game.
by Porpoiseboy (2018-12-17 12:40:51)

In reply to: CL knockout draw  posted by wcnitz

He'll be quite fresh for the CL.

Boy they were hard to watch yesterday
by TCFC  (2018-12-17 15:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I actually wondered at one point if they'd even be in the top-4 of the Championship.

It's certainly a team filled with talented players but they're just lifeless on the field. They don't believe in what they're doing, they don't believe in the coach, they don't believe in each other.

Reason (and money) says that at some point the club will figure it out but it sure does seem like they've been irrelevant for a long time.

Least likable team in my memory
by powerI  (2018-12-18 10:01:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd also argue that they aren't very talented at all.

I'm an outlier though. I like Mou. I don't care much for discussion on formations

In the 30+ years I've supported United I can't think of a less likable group. There's no one to root for. They're all full of themselves, soft or crap.

That's ok though, they just locked up Mike Smalling with a 3 year extension. lol

Confused by Mou's tactics
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-12-17 16:50:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had to know that Liverpool would control the ball and the center of the park and that his only chance would be to counter on long balls. His best long passer and maybe one of the best in the world in Pogba is firmly planted on the bench. I get he has been horrible for United but in a game of this class you play the best option strategy dictates.

Soccer is strange and anything can happen but I can't see how Mou survives getting blasted in Champions and finishing out of the top 4 given how much the board has spent for him.

The phrase 'gardien variety' comes to mind
by wcnitz  (2018-12-17 16:43:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are...bereft of anything interesting whatsoever.

Mou's tactics are predictable, his subs are predictable (my 14 year old kid called them, AND in the order they were made) and his best performers are named Fellaini and Lingaard. On a squad with Rashford, Martial, Pogba, etc. Yeesh.

Getting outshot 36-6 was pretty telling.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-17 15:57:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was nervous for a bit, as I have watched many matches where a team looks like it is playing lights out better than the other yet only manages a draw (or even rarely worse), and score-wise the Devils stuck around for a while due to Allison's misstep. (Although, United could have gone up 1-0 with a tiny bit of luck on their first non-goal). I just kept watching thinking, come on Reds! You're fuckin KILLING these guys! Maybe it's the rain, but you have GOT to net something! But their score caught up with their effort, thankfully.

I kept thinking I wonder if anyone sat Pogba and started Shaq in their fantasy leagues.