Based on where we are right now
by alleghenyirish (2018-12-20 10:53:53)

In reply to: No doubt. I was taking a shot at Spurs, who didn’t buy a  posted by tex29

I'd say we aren't too bothered about it

I'm happy as well *
by spade  (2018-12-20 16:00:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where you are right now?
by tex29  (2018-12-20 11:01:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You mean trophyless for the past forever? Judging by where Poch is likely to be next season, and Spurs are likely to be at the end of this season, you should be bothered.

Why?
by alleghenyirish  (2018-12-20 11:11:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We've just beaten our rivals in their stadium, just got a result at Camp Nou to take us to the last 16 of the Champions League.

In what world should I be bothered?

That is the most Spurs answer ever.
by tex29  (2018-12-20 11:17:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should be bothered in a world where sports fans care more about winning championships than they do about getting a single result against a rival or advancing past the opening round of a tournament.

It would be one thing if you supported Burnley. Hell, it would be different if you, like me, were supporting City in the early 1990s. But Spurs has finished in the top 4 the past few years, largely because of Poch. If your team has the capability to challenge for trophies, your ambition should be to win trophies—not simply to line Daniel Levy’s pockets. And if Spurs fans don’t give Levy stick for this shit, you’ll get what you deserve—Poch will leave, along with your star players, and you can go back to hoping you make it to Europa every few seasons.

It’s a bit of Kelly/Swarbrick “in the conversation” answer *
by DakotaDomer  (2018-12-20 21:07:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is a difference though
by alleghenyirish  (2018-12-21 08:49:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Spurs being in the conversation is pretty good considering they aren't funded by the wealth of an oil rich nation or a man that stole the mineral wealth of the Russian people.

Yeah
by HTownND  (2018-12-21 10:09:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have this guy

And this guy

You have billionaire backing too, and do you want to talk about Black Wednesday or not?

Get over yourself

And if they put in what Roman did
by alleghenyirish  (2018-12-21 13:09:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You'd have a point.

But they don't, so you don't.

Got it
by HTownND  (2018-12-21 13:55:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So like Arsenal, your owner who benefited by destroying the Pound Sterling with Soros in the 90s, is being benevolent in his spending for the club.

OK

I'd expect so
by alleghenyirish  (2018-12-20 11:19:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am a Spurs fan after all