I don't look at champs, but individual games for interesting
by spade (2018-12-20 16:09:39)

In reply to: I feel it is tough to compare the leagues  posted by KnightlyRevue

In the EPL, every team could beat the big dogs 80% of the time. They often don't win, but I feel there is often a chance, with few complete blowouts. I don't feel like Eibar or Huesca really will ever have that chance.

Since I do like Spurs but also like just watching any ole EPL game, the, for example, West Ham vs Leicester holds more interest for me in the EPL than for a similar middle-level game in any other Euro League (except maybe Bundesliga).

I understand your point but Eibar
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-12-20 16:48:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was a poor example as they just beat Real Madrid 3-0. A complete thrashing. They are a tiny club but have had 2 very competitive years where they have beat many of the top clubs. Huesca is a team that was just promoted to La LIga who I would liken to Fulham or Huddersfield. They are hopeless.

Different strokes for different folks. I get the same pleasure that you do watching West Ham v Leicester from watching Athletic Bilbao (they are having a putrid year) play Villareal, Espanyol, or Betis. I find the style of play in La Liga more appealing with a higher premium on skill and ball movement.

Upside of La Liga
by wcnitz  (2018-12-21 08:12:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lots of Ray Hudsonisms.

The neck's twisting like Linda Blair in the exorcist!

Slipperier than a greased eel in a boot!

MAGESTERIAL!

Hahaha...you and I have discussed previously
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-12-21 10:15:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ray is the best. His best one this year...

Madrid was playing someone and Kroos gets in front of a rocket ball that hits him directly in the fruit stand.

Ray's comment:

"Ooomph...that will make your brown eyes blue Phil but that is Tony Kroos; sacrificing his body for the cause."

Cool, gotcha *
by spade  (2018-12-20 17:13:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post