I understand
by ChicagoWave03 (2018-12-29 13:18:03)

In reply to: We’re down six men  posted by mitquinn

But even those 6 aren’t enough to fix our defensive woes.

The season hasn’t been that bad
by mitquinn  (2018-12-29 13:20:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it’s when Mustafi is on the field we go schizo.

Hope they sign the dude from Lille.

Lichsteiner has been awful.
by ChicagoWave03  (2018-12-29 13:38:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps it’s because Mustafi makes everyone worse but I’m not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have some patience for Kos having been out for a while, but so far his return has not looked good.

Bellerin and Monreal are both good enough to play at a top level, but beyond that, the roster does not have the talent or depth to challenge.

Edit: I do like Kolasinac, but the defensive element of his game has certainly been questionable at times too.

I rate Holding very high
by mitquinn  (2018-12-29 15:13:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s our biggest loss.

That's fair.
by ChicagoWave03  (2018-12-30 08:40:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't think much of him a couple seasons ago, but this season he looks improved and promising. Would like to see him maintain the quality over a period of time, but he did seem to be good enough for a top 4 side during the early parts of this season.

Mustafi is not built to defend this kind of attack
by wcnitz  (2018-12-29 13:19:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s never going to work out well.

You beat me to it
by mitquinn  (2018-12-29 13:21:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mustafi has a great ability to always shift his weight to the ring angles. It throws the entire line off their markings.

Here it is
by wcnitz  (2018-12-29 13:26:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

VVD controls the line positioning perfectly. Line held properly. Arsenal caught off multiple times in really good chances. Exact opposite occurring at the other side. Letting Mane run unmarked into the 6? That’s mad.

This is madness!
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-29 13:31:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

THIS IS LIVERPOOL!!!