Watched him the other day
by wcnitz (2019-01-07 07:00:15)

In reply to: Very  posted by HTownND

That kid has some serious skills. He and Coman opposite each other would be scary.

By the way
by HTownND  (2019-01-11 11:13:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know how the transfer game is played, but am I wrong to think (like many Chelsea fans) that Bayern's been pushing the envelope in their comments about Hudson-Odoi.

Sure you get a lot of he's a great player and we're always interested in great players comments.

But Bayern has come out and actively said they are trying to sign him.

Just curious if I'm viewing this through Blue glasses or not.

Bayern's typical MO
by wcnitz  (2019-01-11 21:04:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They won't publicly discuss *acquiring* a player until they've already had permission to contact them, or the deal is already done.

The English papers like to report a lot of crap and see what sticks to the wall. Not many actual quotes from Chelsea outside of Sarri saying (now) that he's going to play more, and Rudiger talking about how he was asked about life in Germany.

Bayern doesn't buy from the Prem often, so fans of football there don't see how this typically works with Bayern in Germany. If they openly talk about bringing in a player, it always happens.

I don't like it
by alleghenyirish  (2019-01-11 13:46:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Similar to how I don't like Neville coming out and Saying Poch needs to go to United.

But Zola has done similar regarding Callum Wilson so I think it is something most clubs do.

No one does it more than Barcelona
by wcnitz  (2019-01-11 21:05:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just do it through 3rd parties, like Xavi. It's pretty stupid.

Yep
by HTownND  (2019-01-07 09:22:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he goes Chelsea should fold their academy, because I don’t understand why we would continue to invest resources and then just let these kids walk.

Because of the homegrown rule Hudson Odoi is worth that much more to the club.