I liked it
by plaid_pants (2019-01-08 17:33:43)

In reply to: Anyone else been watching Sunderland 'Til I Die?  posted by TCFC

It perfectly captures how the staff comes and goes, but the fans are what really makes a club.

It was interesting to see how even a coach who excelled at Wales was unable to change the culture of the players that remained. I was fascinated by all of the leadership issues involving the playing staff, whereas the support staff seemed to have great leadership.

And I loved all of the Geordie accents. By episode 5 I could mimic it perfectly.

The moral of the story for me...when in crisis, play your kids. They care about representing, playing and winning more than the established veterans.

I couldn't figure out what to make of Coleman
by TCFC  (2019-01-10 11:09:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously he did a great job with Wales but was that because of him or once in a generation talent?

It must be really hard to come into a situation like that and try to change the culture when the only real job you have is to stay up.

With Sunderland especially, you have to think all of the near relegation misses over the years had to take their toll on the entire club.