Well G.K., I hope you're happy. *
by NDBass (2019-02-04 16:57:51)

This user did not provide content for this post

Visualize how Derek Jacobi died in "Dead Again".
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-02-05 12:33:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, that's on me.

Public service link for those who haven't seen the movie.

I still don't get the Clyne loan.
by IrishCavan  (2019-02-05 10:00:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I love Milner but he can't keep up with guys like Zaha and Anderson. I also don't understand why they didn't purse another CB in the January window given the injury history there. We may see Matip and Fabinho there against Bayern.

Anyone get to watch?
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-02-04 17:14:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any thoughts on how Lallana played?

Carragher's take:
by NDBass  (2019-02-05 09:13:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"In the first 20 minutes he did more Cruyff turns than Johan Cruyff had done in his whole career."

That's awesome!
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-02-05 10:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My Blackhawks fans buddies and I used to play the Brian Campbell Spin-O-Rama drinking game.

He played like Lallana.
by NDMike2001  (2019-02-04 17:47:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And if you follow Liverpool, you know exactly what that looks like. A player that has really good individual ball skills with the ability to play in tight spaces. But he really lacks any real sense of the game/position and no real threat to score or create through balls or crosses. Defensively he put in a shift, but didn't really stand out with any challenges, duels, etc. That said, the goal did originate from his play. After playing himself almost into the corner he was able to squirt ball out of two defenders which fell to Milner (off-side) who made a cross into the box.

I think Lallana's midfield days should be numbered. With the injuries right now (and the insanely stupid decision to loan Clyne), he's sort of a necessity for depth. But otherwise, he provides nothing to the midfield. He could possibly provide some depth at forward with his ability to dribble and link up inside a crowded box. But as a midfielder, he's clearly behind Hendo, Gini, Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri and eventually/hopefully Ox.

Thanks.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-02-04 18:49:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm still surprised Klopp kept him, but I took that as a good sign. I'm eager to watch him play again.

He knew Gomez was out.
by NDMike2001  (2019-02-04 18:54:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He probably knew that depth was needed with Milner and Fabinho providing cover for CB and FB.

Like keeping Origi wasnt a particularly great sign of his quality versus the need for depth.

Can't stop thinking about the same thing.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-02-04 17:13:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am NOT superstitious at all, but your post cracked me up.

I'm very superstitious when it comes to sports.
by NDBass  (2019-02-04 17:19:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm also conditioned to having nothing good happen to me in the sporting world, so I figured it was just a matter of time.