Has anyone been to a game at Craven Cottage?
by thedeadguy (2019-02-07 14:20:29)
Edited on 2019-02-07 14:20:44

How is the atmosphere? I am thinking of going to the Chelsea game in March. I have never been to an EPL League game.

Numerous times
by Irish01  (2019-02-09 12:15:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s a great experience, but nothing like the non-stop noise and fervor at the bigger clubs. Fulham is the easiest EPL ticket in London so we went many times while living there.

The stadium is tucked inside a neighborhood right on the Thames. I recommend it as a taste of the EPL, but doesn’t truly measure up to Chelsea, Arsenal, or Tottenham. QPR is more of a tight, smaller stadium that felt more like the minors in feel, but like the majors in excitement. Never been to Crystal Palace or West Ham.

Atmosphere should be awesome.
by 3rdSt  (2019-02-08 14:59:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ultra-local rivalry (at least in the eyes of Fulham supporters). Fulham fighting to stay up, Chelsea fighting for points to stay in the Top Four. One of the few old school grounds left in London. Do it.

I have not been there, but I have been to a Stamford Bridge. Chelsea fans will be loud.

I will go. I have been to Maracana and a number of
by thedeadguy  (2019-02-08 19:18:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

other venues, but this will be my first EPL game. I am looking forward to it.

Try to sit in the Riverside stand if you can
by fortune_smith  (2019-02-15 01:51:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It has a terrace that overlooks the Thames. The seating is also more comfortable there than in the Johnny Haynes Stand. Either way, you may be surprised at how close you are to the pitch.

For the first-time visitor, it’s worthwhile to take the District Line to Putney Bridge station and then walk through Bishops Park along the Thames to the ground. That walk takes about 15 minutes.

And if the weather is decent on the day, leave time for a pint or two pre-match on the Riverside Terrace.

If Fulham somehow manages to win, walk post-match along the Thames toward Hammersmith for 8-10 minutes to the Crabtree for celebratory libations with the faithful.

COYW !!!

I've been to a Fulham home game
by tcfc  (2019-02-08 08:36:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but it wasn't at Craven Cottage. It was the fall of 2002 and they were playing their home games at Loftus Road. They beat Charlton 1-0.

Later that fall, my dad and I attended another game at Loftus. QPR played Cardiff with both teams being in the 2nd division at the time. Cardiff won 4-0 but I've had a soft spot for QPR ever since.

I know this doesn't really help you at all but I'd second the recommendation below to go. It's a really fun experience.

I've never been, but definitely do this! *
by spade  (2019-02-07 22:21:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post