Atmosphere should be awesome.
by 3rdSt (2019-02-08 14:59:59)

In reply to: Has anyone been to a game at Craven Cottage?  posted by thedeadguy

Ultra-local rivalry (at least in the eyes of Fulham supporters). Fulham fighting to stay up, Chelsea fighting for points to stay in the Top Four. One of the few old school grounds left in London. Do it.

I have not been there, but I have been to a Stamford Bridge. Chelsea fans will be loud.

I will go. I have been to Maracana and a number of
by thedeadguy  (2019-02-08 19:18:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

other venues, but this will be my first EPL game. I am looking forward to it.

Try to sit in the Riverside stand if you can
by fortune_smith  (2019-02-15 01:51:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It has a terrace that overlooks the Thames. The seating is also more comfortable there than in the Johnny Haynes Stand. Either way, you may be surprised at how close you are to the pitch.

For the first-time visitor, it’s worthwhile to take the District Line to Putney Bridge station and then walk through Bishops Park along the Thames to the ground. That walk takes about 15 minutes.

And if the weather is decent on the day, leave time for a pint or two pre-match on the Riverside Terrace.

If Fulham somehow manages to win, walk post-match along the Thames toward Hammersmith for 8-10 minutes to the Crabtree for celebratory libations with the faithful.

COYW !!!