Note: LIV vs. MUN is on TNT (3 p.m. ET), not just B/R Live. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-02-18 21:49:59)
Edited on 2019-02-18 21:50:19

Thoughts...
by iudomer  (2019-02-19 08:23:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No Mueller, no Robben, no Boateng so think Kovac will go in defensively with Javi:

Neuer
Kimmich/Sule/Hummels/Alaba
Goretzka/Martinez/Thiago
Gnarby/Lewa/Coman (if his ankle is ok, otherwise Ribery)

Bayern will score on those makeshift CBs, but Javi can't keep up with Liverpool's front three.

I think 2-2 likely if Kovac goes with that lineup, maybe substitute James for Goretzka as he has an ankle injury too then it would be 4231 with James at #10.

Will be interesting to see if Klopp goes full Gegenpressing as Bayern normally don't play anyone with the intensity of Klopp's system in Germany.

Firmino might not be available.
by NDBass  (2019-02-19 10:33:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would put a kink in any plans.

No away goals, Alisson! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-02-19 12:23:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should've asked for some home goals as well. *
by NDBass  (2019-02-19 16:55:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The thought of getting shut out didn't enter my mind.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-02-19 17:20:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I need to be more open-minded, I guess.

Meh. I'll take it.
by NDMike2001  (2019-02-19 16:59:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clean sheet with no VVD and Robertson on a yellow. Definitely better than a 2-2 draw.

Now Liverpool can play on the counter with Bayern having to attack as the home side.

I think both sides will take it, tbh
by wcnitz  (2019-02-19 17:11:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just thrilled that Liverpool were kept to 3-4 real chances.

Hummels looked like...2016 Hummels.

I'm sure that's true.
by NDMike2001  (2019-02-20 10:06:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously the ideal situation was to win (for either team). But the second best result for Liverpool (and thus the next worse result for Bayern) was a 0-0 draw.

The away goals rule is really dumb. But at least Liverpool is on the right side of it now.

Is Rafinha the second choice RB?
by Siegfried08  (2019-02-19 17:49:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If so, I like Sadio's chances of potting one in Munich.

Yes
by wcnitz  (2019-02-19 19:21:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's probably only a small notch behind Kimmich defensively. Nowhere near Kimmich offensively - which didn't matter today because Kimmich mostly stayed back.

Reports this morning indicate he’s good to go *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-02-19 11:46:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lineups in...
by iudomer  (2019-02-19 13:51:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There will be goals.

Bayern XI vs Liverpool:

Neuer (c) -
Kimmich, Süle, Hummels, Alaba -
Martínez, Thiago -
Gnabry, James, Coman -
Lewandowski

Liverpool XI vs Bayern:

Alisson -
Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson -
Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita -
Salah, Firmino, Mané.

This doesn't help the goal tally:
by NDBass  (2019-02-19 15:48:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liverpool have missed their last six clear-cut chances in the CL (four vs Napoli, two vs Bayern).

Courtesy of BassTunedToRed on Twitter.

I'm happier with James at 10 and Javi at 6
by wcnitz  (2019-02-19 14:25:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know Goretzka probably would have started at 10 if he wasn't hurt, but as long as Javi does his job I'd rather have James for his creativity - even though I know he won't work as hard defensively. Thiago and Javi should behind him.

Seems like...
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-02-19 16:45:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

James & Mo both left some quality wanting, today.

Oh, and...
by wcnitz  (2019-02-19 17:28:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alaba pocketed Mo.

Mane was able to get alone on Kimmich a couple times in the PA, but Kimmich did a nice job of keeping him wide and narrowing the angle on Neuer.

Honestly, both sets of CBs and the DMs played very well.

James played very well defensively
by wcnitz  (2019-02-19 17:10:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he struggled to create a little bit and it (along with Gnabry in a few instances) kept Lewy from getting the ball at his feet a lot.

It was a really interesting and intense match, though.

I know this: if Robben had been healthy, he would have done far worse things to Robertson than Gnabry did today.

Lots of back and forth for sure.
by NDMike2001  (2019-02-19 14:09:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's gonna be one tired team facing United. Ugh.