Right Wing Hooliganism in MLS?
by alleghenyirish (2019-03-01 14:26:11)

Looks like NYCFC have an issue.
Yes its the Huff Post, but this article actually looks pretty well sourced

TL;DR
by NDBass  (2019-03-01 14:44:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure I want a club/team banning people for things they've done outside of an event that have nothing to do with the team/club. Perhaps the article mentioned some things, but after scanning rather quickly, I only saw the things related to Charlottesville and the Proud Boys fight.

If there was something related to NYCFC, that's different. Maybe I've missed the link they were trying to make.

I think the lessons from Europe are to be heeded.
by 3rdSt  (2019-03-01 15:39:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fascist actions outside of soccer games by hard-core supporters inevitably appear inside the stadium as well. What's in it for NYCFC to not ban these guys? Although I also don't understand why the other NYCFC supporter's club don't do what the ESC did back in the 1990s (see link - I recognize almost everybody in the pictures in that article, knew some of them pretty well).

Chicago Fire did the same in the 90s
by alleghenyirish  (2019-03-01 16:47:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Polish right wing group was kicked out pretty quickly by the fans not the front office. Seems like the NYCFC fans are willing to complain but not get their hands dirty.

Normally I'd agree with you
by alleghenyirish  (2019-03-01 14:50:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are fans here in Chicago that fly the Antifa flag and I'm not the biggest fan of it but they don't cause any trouble so no harm no foul.
But when you're putting a Giant Tottenkopf skull on a banner and supporting the club it should be a problem. And they did mention in the article that they've done racist chanting before.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm Jewish but I'd hope they'd be able to do something before there's actual violence. And it sounds like there has been violence outside of the stadium with these guys.

I'm all for banning people for racist chants and violence.
by NDBass  (2019-03-01 20:37:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe I missed it, but I think the article would've been better off if that was up front. And I don't think they need to wait for violence, but I'd want more concrete stuff than what they have done away from games/events. It seem like there is a link at games/events, so they should have at it.