And Arsenal slots into third place, two points ahead ...
by Rocksteady74 (2019-04-01 16:49:51)

... of Spurs and Man U, with a better goal differential and more favorable remaining fixtures. Of course, being the Arsenal of this decade, nothing is secure.

And ManU hands a gift to Arsenal this evening. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-04-02 21:45:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jeezuz, that was a travesty.
by mitquinn  (2019-04-03 01:15:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know much about the squad, but damn, seemed like they sandbagged with the line up.

The captain gets sent off the pitch?! Wait, the captain was Ashley Young?!

What the hell is/has been going on at United?

Question
by HTownND  (2019-04-01 22:45:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because I know it changed after Chelsea finished outside the top 4 but won the UCL, thus bumping the 4th place PL team from the UCL the next year.

Hypothetically speaking, if Arsenal or Chelsea finish top 4 and win the Europa League, does the PL 5th place team get into the UCL?

No
by Siegfried08  (2019-04-02 01:32:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last year the two Madrid clubs won the UCL and Europa League, but La Liga still only got 4 bids. If a team wins either league and doesn't otherwise qualify for the UCL, they essentially steal the slot from one of the lower ranked federation (I.e. bump another club down to the qualifying round).

Thanks *
by HTownND  (2019-04-02 07:52:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post