Location/Name ideas?
by DakotaDomer (2019-04-04 10:57:44)
Edited on 2019-04-04 14:43:34

In reply to: Sounds like the Fire are buying out the bridgeview lease  posted by miamioh_irishfan

Chicago’s Fire is fine with me...I’m sure in the long history of the coty there’s some other options although I’m sure most are already taken

Where could they put it? South side near the water? One of the old north side industrial corridors that’s currently being redeveloped?

Parking/transportation/construction in the city will be a nightmare

One thing they are alarmed by is when you google search
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-04-04 14:16:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chicago Fire, the first page is all links to the NBC tv show.

That’s at least part of the motivation behind a possible rebrand.

That’s a temporary problem
by DakotaDomer  (2019-04-04 14:23:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was thinking about the TV show though when you mentioned it

They might have a similar problem with fire departments, alarms, etc...I suppose you want to be what your name auto-completes to in Google and names about real things don’t help with that.

On the location front
by HTownND  (2019-04-04 11:33:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Lincoln Yards proposal from Sterling Bay where the USL team was going to be still makes a ton of sense. Close to the highway, and not a long walk from the El, and near some bars and restaurants.

I know Hopkins was against it, but it really is an ideal location.

I wish Rahm wasn’t leaving
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-04-04 15:07:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because that is the best/only chance to resurrect the stadium idea at Lincoln Yards.

Indeed
by HTownND  (2019-04-04 15:41:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I never bought those survey results, they had what, less than 1000 people for the entire second ward that responded.

As someone who lived nearby for a year (on Lakewood between Webster and Clybourn), I'd love to know what residents are worried that developing this:

Devloping this is not going to cause foot and vehicle traffic issues for their day to day. It's west of Clybourn. No one walks over there. Hell most people don't drive over that way either (because the Clybourn stop at Ashland is already a bottleneck as it is). They are actually going to improve the shit infrastructure over there (and it's shit).

It's really the perfect location.

The small music venue people found an ally in the council
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-04-04 21:47:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who didn’t want big bad LiveNation to run everything. It’s so stupid how afraid people are of big scale projects like this. The city needs a lot more of them not fewer.

Second City SC, Windy City SC, Big Shoulders SC
by fontoknow  (2019-04-04 11:13:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chicago 97
Chicago United ... with shirt sponsor United Airlines

FC United Chicago Kickers (guess the acronym). *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-04-04 16:23:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know
by HTownND  (2019-04-04 11:20:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If MLS would be down with another United club in MLS, but it's a good idea.