The problem with your theory is Madrid
by KnightlyRevue (2019-04-11 15:02:14)

In reply to: The way out of the whole is to invest in young talent now...  posted by wiNDycityfan

will turn its focus to Galacticos this summer after significant investment in elite young players the past 3 seasons during the Champions run. Madrid has spent major dollars in South America to get Vinicius, Rodrygo Goel, Brahim Diaz, Militao (in Europe already), Fefe Valverde in addition to their Spanish stable (Asencio, Ceballos, Oscar, Odriozola, Reguilon). Add in their loan players (Theo Hernandez, Ashraf Hakimi, Lunin, Raul de Tomas) and the next generation has some nice pieces.

I think Madrid is about to splash the cash this summer but they are doing exactly what you suggest in young player investment. I am actually a bit skeptical as to how much Madrid will spend this summer. I still think it will be Hazard and a striker but Zizou's love for Pogba may change the plans a bit in addition to the opportunity to nab Icardi for less than $80M. It will be a fun summer across Europe + Copa America.