Kane's injury might make that game easier. *
by NDBass (2019-04-15 12:24:20)

In reply to: I don't think so. City must play Spurs at home and United  posted by tex29

This user did not provide content for this post

True, but City just lost to Spurs after Kane went off.
by tex29  (2019-04-15 12:52:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Granted, it was clear from the beginning that City was playing for the 0-0, Aguero took a page out of Mahrez’s book and gave an awful effort on a crucial penalty, and Fabian Delph shouldn’t have been anywhere near City’s starting 11—much less at LB. Nevertheless, Spurs has enough quality, and a good enough manager, to beat any team on any given day.

I would be surprised if City make it through the next two games without dropping points. The key for me is whether City can limit the damage to a draw, because I can’t see Pool making up the goal differential.

P.S. – R.I.P. 96.

I hope they play for that draw and point differential!
by NDMike2001  (2019-04-15 17:33:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d like Liverpool’s chances there! 😂

I expect both teams to drop points.
by tex29  (2019-04-15 18:48:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A loss would leave City no margin for error. Of course, if Pool wins out, a draw would be fatal. Do you think Pool will win out?

I expect them to win the next three.
by NDMike2001  (2019-04-15 21:04:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They’ll face two relegated teams and a third that is in 15th and coached by Rafa Benitez. I don’t see any chance that he’d disrespect Liverpool by sitting back and playing for the draw. At home.

That leaves a final difficult match at home against the Wolves. If Liverpool are playing for the title, I simply cannot fathom the pandemonium that will be at Anfield.

Barring an injury to VVD or Alisson, or multiple injuries to the rest of the team, I don’t see them dropping points.