The playoff race in the championship went
by miamioh_irishfan (2019-04-28 17:24:58)

Off the rails today in Leeds v Aston Villa. As a relatively new follower of that race I didn’t know all about Leeds struggle in the last 20 years but damn am I pulling for them in the playoff race. What happened today was bonkers...

In about the 68’, A villa player went down hurt in the middle of the pitch. Leeds retained possession on the wide near side of play while every Villa player and at least half of the Leeds players stopped playing, expecting the ball to be played out. But Leeds sent a pass down the line which was chased down and put into the net as Villa scrambled back to defend, protesting plays’ continuation all the while. Naturally chaos and fighting ensued, a villa player was sent off and then, when order was restored and the managers talked it out, Leeds allowed Villa to walk in a goal of their own to make it 1-1.

I’ve greatly enjoyed being able to watch the championship race evolve this season. Watch espn has been worth the monthly couple of bucks for all that extra soccer.

Replies: