Klopp CL similarities to Brian Kelly's playoff results.
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-05-02 18:14:22)

Brian Kelly lost in a title game. So did Klopp.
Brian Kelly later got blown out in a semi-final face-off. It's halftime of the Clemson game for Klopp, in a manner of speaking.

(sigh)

C'mon, Anfield!

You should be drawn and quartered.
by NDBass  (2019-05-02 19:54:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just mentioning the two in the same sentence should earn you a caning.

Klopp is a very good coach and gets more with less
by fontoknow  (2019-05-02 18:38:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly is an average coach that gets less with more.

The Spanish sides, however, are like Alabama and Clemson...with a lot of space between Barca and the rest of the world...

Agreed for the most part
by HTownND  (2019-05-03 11:38:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it's not like LFC is in the poor house either. Their "less" is better than 95% of teams playing in Europe.

Indeed. Pool’s squad cost more than Chelsea’s and almost
by tex29  (2019-05-03 14:08:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

double Tottenham’s.

How many of Chelsea's 62 contracts does that count?
by dfw  (2019-05-03 15:19:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not disputing your statement, just always amazed at how many players Chelsea has under contract and loaned out somewhere.

I’m referring to the transfer fees paid for the first team.
by tex29  (2019-05-03 15:36:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a City supporter, I’m not going to give Pool (or any other club) stick for investing in its squad. I will give United stick for spending big without having anything to show for it (that is, United is spending poorly). My point is only that it’s hard to say Liverpool is doing more with less in comparison to anyone other than United, and United is a dumpster fire at the moment.

That said, Klopp did some great things at Dortmund. And you can’t take anything away from this Liverpool team which may end up winning the title.